A leading manufacturing concern in the food services industry is looking to appoint an experienced Quality Manager to their offices situated at Airport Industria, Cape Town.
The ideal candidate should have solid experience in this field preferably within food production or manufacturing. Qualifications and certifications in this field will be highly advantageous.
The company is a specialist in the manufacturing and distribution of frozen food ingredients and its products can be found on shelves across the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding customer expectations of and needs from a product.
- Developing quality control processes.
- Designing product specifications.
- Ensuring products are designed with adherence to legal and safety standards.
- Supervising staff and monitoring production standards.
- Examining the quality of raw materials that are used in production.
- Monitoring and evaluating internal production processes.
- Evaluating the final output of products to determine their quality.
- Rejecting products that fail quality standards.
- Engaging with customers and gathering product feedback.
- Producing statistical reports on quality standards.
- Reporting to upper management on quality standard issues.
- Evaluating product recalls.
- Improving production efficiency and managing waste.
- Ad hoc duties as requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in business administration or relevant field.
- Quality control certification is advantageous.
- 10-15 years of experience in frozen foods manufacturing.
- Familiar with company and industry quality standards and processes.
Characteristics and skills:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Data analysis and statistical aptitude.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Highly conscientious and diligent.
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach.
- Able to positively influence others.
- Great team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- R30,000 to R45,000 pm, negotiable on experience.