The Senior Associate is responsible for the delivery of Secretarial medium-to-high
complex processes and all related activities. The work of the Senior Associate will be
reviewed by the Associate Manager and/or the Manager (depending whether 6-eyes or
4-eyes review is applicable).
All work delivered need to be accurate, well-presented and meet high quality standards.
The Senior Associate will make process improvement recommendations that improve
either quality, efficiency or level of client service.
• Coach junior members of the team.
• Prepare annual meeting for listed companies and reviews resolutions/minutes for
private companies prepared by Junior Associate / Associate.
• Organise board meetings and ensure that the relevant board meeting protocols are
looked into; prepare board packs; attend meeting for minutes taking; draft minutes of
meeting and coordinate amendments/approval by board members.
• Review/Draft of Board Minutes and Written Resolution of Shareholders for
appointment and resignation of directors including letters to related parties and ensure
completion of all relevant corporate actions required and updating of internal data
management software (“Microgen 5Series”). Any matters arising out of board meetings
and relevant corporate actions should be monitored to ensure completion.
• Change in Auditors: receive resignation letter of resigning auditor or/and letter of engagement
for new auditor; draft/review resolution/minutes for approval of change; prepare/review FSC
approval/notification letter or notify any other relevant stakeholder/Regulator of the change in
auditors and update Microgen 5Series.
• Review/Draft of Board Minutes or Written Resolution of Directors for opening of bank
and/or custody account, build up the application pack, and send to bank/custodian
after the review and validation of the Associate Manager or Manager.
• Ensure request for change in business plan as per company policy and Mauritian law
prior to drafting WRS or organising special meeting for approval. Submit signed
business plan and Certified True Copy of the Written Resolution of Shareholders to
FSC upon approval.
• For investment request, ensure supporting document are compliant, prepare pack for
approval by the Board and send to Manager or Director – Client Management. Upon
approval, execute the investment and follow up for fully signed agreement, bank
confirmation for fund and share certificate.
• For distribution of shares or dividend or redemption, provide relevant information to
accounting team to update the management accounts to-date of transaction and
forecasted management accounts after transaction. Procure solvency test from
accounting team to verify that the client company is solvent prior and post the
transaction. Prepare Written Resolution of Shareholders (“WRS”) for approval of
shareholders and notice of distribution where required. Collate required document for
• Work with the Legal team to customise a standard constitution to meet client’s
requirement. Upon receipt of validated constitution, draft and circulate WRS to adopt
the constitution and send for signature. Upon receipt of signed WRS, liaise with Legal
for a legal certificate. Prepare and submit Form 12, with supporting document, on
CBRIS and request a certified version of the constitution. Follow up with ROC for the
certified constitution and inform the Manager upon receipt.
• For amendment to a constitution, draft the shareholders/Directors’ resolution and
prepare the Form 12 - Notice of Adoption/Alteration/Revocation of Constitution. Upon
approval, draft a letter to ROC, copy FSC, and annexes the supporting document and
submit the statutory filing.
• Draft board resolution for application of PAN and the PAN application form. Send to
Associate Manager / Manager for review and approval. Upon approval, arrange for
notarisation and legalisation of constitutive docs of the company.
• Liaise with various insurers/brokers, following request from client for new of insurance
or renewal, for fee quote comparison. The following points should be looked into:-
o Ensure MLRO & DMLRO is covered where required.
o For CIS Managers, ensure that all requirements are covered under S42 of the
Securities (Collective Investment Schemes and Closed-end Funds)
o Send the insurance quotes to the Client through the Associate Manager /
o Upon approval from the client, complete the insurance subscription with the
o Follow up with the insurer/broker until receipt of the full insurance policy
o Update receipt of both [Renewed] Insurance Policy Certificate and Full
Insurance Policy Document on Eazzy Filing
o For CIS Managers, submit a certified copy of the insurance policy certificate to
• Carry out AML & KYC/CDD checks on new directors, shareholders (up to beneficial
owners), investors and investee companies and to escalate any gaps
identified/Review CDD trackers prepared by Associate and Junior Associate.
• Carry out any AML-CFT function which is required under the Laws and Regulations of
• To update any internal compliance/risk tools available e.g. SERR for review by
• Ensure the appointment of MLRO/DMLRO and CO is done in line with the relevant
• Ensure that the Company adheres to the relevant regulations in Mauritius and assist
with the preparation/review of the Annual Administrators Report, assessment reports
with regard to AML/CFT, Code of Business Conduct, National Code of Corporate
Governance Report, Business Risk Assessments, Client Risk Assessments or other
required reports as may be put in place further to changes in the regulations and follow
up on Board’s approval.
• Prepare the following tasks to be reviewed/approved by the Associate Manager and/or
o Payment process: prepare payment instructions and checklist; check bank
balance; ensure call back; send instruction to bank and ensure payment is
effected; send email confirmation to Associate Manager and/or Manager.
o Prepare Application or renewal TRC through Directors’ meeting or written
resolution of directors, complete application form, payment, checklist and
finance requisition form.
o Application for trademark registration or BRN
o Dissolution / initiate liquidation procedures
• Update the relevant systems (5Series) & reports where applicable.
• Attend other ad-hoc request from clients and identify potential for billing initiatives on
ad hoc work done
• Review of Invoices generated for the companies administered in respective portfolio
• Ensure timely cash collection on invoices circulated to Clients
• To provide assistance to Associate Manager/Manager on any inspection received
from the Regulator
• Perform other Secretarial related routine tasks including but not limited to securing
signatures of relevant signatories on documents, assisting the Associate
Manager/Manager in special assignments & projects.
• Update the relevant systems (5Series) & reports where applicable.
• Ensure that all statutory filings of the Company e.g. filing of accounts & Tax returns
have been complied with
• Update planning information (BiLLy and submit to Associate Manager / Manager)
• Raise/Flag client/service issues on a timely basis before client complaints.
• Ensure that all documentation/company’s records are duly scanned and saved on the
document management software (“EazzyFiling”) and maintain on the Client’s File.
Company’s physical files/documents are to be maintained in proper order in
• Ensure that archiving of documentation is done post approval from Assistant
Key competencies for position and level:
• Customer focus
• Communicates effectively
• Plans and aligns
• Interpersonal savvy
• Action orientated
Key behaviours we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the
role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
• Attention to detail
• Relationship Building
• Taking ownership
• On-time delivery
• Quality of work (errors or rework or complaints)
• Personal chargeability
Education / professional
Degree holder or qualified ICSA or partly qualified
ACCA/ACA (minimum Level 2)
Background experience Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role /
global business sector
Technical Experience in Corporate Administration and
Sound knowledge of Companies Act, Financial
Services Act and relevant legislation affecting
Global Business in Mauritius
Computer / program
Knowledge of Microgen 5Serie
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link