The Rencken Centre is a small, Christian based home for high functioning, intellectually impaired adults, nestled in the beautiful sugarcane fields of Wartburg, KZN.
The Rencken Centre invites applications for the live-in HOUSE MOTHER position.
Effective from May 2022 or by mutual agreement
The role is two-fold: to support the Administrator by offering pastoral, empathetic care to the
residents as well as to supervise the general housekeeping of the Centre.
The applicant must be a single, suitably experienced lady, preferably, with no dependent children, no pets and who is a non-smoker and of sober habits. Previous nursing, hospitality and/or kitchen management experience would be an advantage.
* Matric plus some tertiary education
* Valid driver's license
* Police clearance
* Experience working with people with special needs advantageous
* First aid certificate
* Be fluent in English. The ability to speak Zulu would be advantageous.
* Be prepared to work in the evenings, over weekends and on public holidays.
* Be committed to the Christian ethos of the Centre and attend Church with the residents when on duty.
* Have initiative, be flexible and be prepared to take responsibility for discipline, organisation and arrange activities.
A willingness to make a full contribution to life at the Centre is essential.