Thursday, 14 January 2021
Logistics - Warehousing/Distribution
R9 300,00 - R24 800,00 (PER MONTH)
Job Title: Forklift Operator
Area: Engineering Department
Position Type: Full-Time
Weekly Hours: 40 Hours
Time Conditions: Day Shift
Salary: R9,300 - R24,800
Purpose of Position
Forklift operators are responsible for operating and managing industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into trucks etc. or storage facilities.
• Grade 9
• 1-2 years’ experience
• Forklift license (valid)
• Good writing and numeracy skills
• Basic knowledge of high-density press functions.
• Must be able to perform under pressure
• Basic knowledge of warehouse functions
• Responsible for transporting and orderly stacking/restacking of bales.
• Maintaining grid reference of packed bales and transmit information for capturing
• Ensure compliance with Health and safety requirements
• Responsible for forklift maintenance
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to operate a forklift in tight spaces
• To perform any other ad hoc activities/duties/tasks as requested by his superior/management.