Senior Operations Manager
Our client, a well-established logistics and distribution company, operating throughout SA with tailor-made logistical solutions to clients on a sustainable basis on a national level has a new position for a Senior Operations Manager reporting to the Managing Director.
We invite innovative, energetic candidates with ability and experience to manage a business and a passion to expand a business and who meets the requirements to apply for this position.
Tertiary Qualifications: Required or relevant experience:
- 4-year Logistics or Supply Chain Management Degree, or 4-year equivalent Diploma (BTECH) OR,
- 4-year Industrial Engineering Degree, or 4-year equivalent Diploma (BTECH) OR,
- BCom Logistics Degree or 4-year equivalent Diploma (BTECH) OR,
- 5-10 years minimum relevant experience in the logistics industry with in-depth experience in all job-related requirements listed below.
Computer Literacy Level: MS Suite – Advanced.
Additional Computer Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of ERP and WMS systems.
- Generating KPI / SLA / Trend reports.
- Story telling via PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Excel / PowerPoint for data management and reporting.
8 years minimum relevant experience in warehousing / logistics industry with in-depth experience in all job-related requirements listed below:
- People management skills including leadership, performance management, IR, people motivation and people development.
- Communication and conflict management skills to successfully deal with all levels, age groups and cultures of people - both internal and external. Ability to manage people in a unionized environment successfully.
Commercial and financial skills:
- Financial acumen and experience in adherence to budget, contract management and service level agreements.
- Manage client and supplier contracts, SLAs, and risk.
- Develop budgets, ensure tight cost control (incl. all facets of procurement), and ensure consistent on time revenue collection to meet or exceed budget.
- Problem solving skills to identify potential problems and put the necessary in place to resolve the problem. Important to be pro-active not re-active.
Business development experience:
- The ability to identify extension business and new business opportunities.
- The ability to engage with the client and design and sell a solution that best meets the requirements of the client and our business.
- The ability to work in a complex environment across multi service segments internally and aligning the service delivery across the clients' extremely diverse environment.
- Supply chain, warehousing, and logistics.
- Extensive knowledge and hands on skill related to inbound, stock management, outbound / order fulfilment, return processes and effective packaging.
- Customer centric focused.
- Naturally criticize internal processes and drive improvement - lead by example.
- Ability to coordinate and run implementation projects (accountable for it to get done).
- Ability to engage at a tactical and strategic level whilst building strong relationships with the client/s.
- Stress and conflict management: Must have effective techniques and / or skills to manage conflict, cope with stress and work effectively under constant pressure.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners.
- Discovers and explores business opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials.
- Evaluates options and resolves internal priorities.
- Recommends equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations.
- Estimates partners’ needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Enhances organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- High level of emotional intelligence and maturity to manage multiple levels of stakeholder’s expectations within the client’s environment.
- Initiative to act proactively in an ever-changing client environment.
- Assertiveness, clients changing needs / demands must be managed firmly and tactfully.
- High degree of common sense to understand implications of actions as well as failure to act, and enough initiative to act proactively when required.
Salary: Market related.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Area: Cape Winelands area.
Please apply online if you meet all the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of your application.