Section 14 Transfer Specialists is responsible for all duties relating to Section 14 in and out.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- The ability to investigate and apply expertise to data with an intended objective to deliver on the specific area of expertise.
- The ability to analyze data and extract trends to ensure improvement of processes and or customer satisfaction. This could be in the form of innovative ideas as well as the task of compiling reports.
- Engage and list to current challenges in the team/business and use expertise to Trouble shoot issues in order to provide workable solutions
- The ability to tackle a Problem with the intent of using expertise/capability and or experience to resolve speedily
- Perform quality assurance based on the specialized requirements of the role.
- Should be able to ensure strong stake holder management ito Communication i.e. feedback to clients, managing clients, responding to clients, attend to queries timeously
- Engage in a professional manner whether it be verbal or face to face
- Have the ability to communicate via different communication channels
- Ensure that the brand or image of SEB is always maintained by adhering to the values (in keeping in line with the KPI and values of the company)
- Be a strong team player
- Have both both industry knowledge and experience
- Ensure that the role is carried out with the relevant accuracy, attention to detail and following instructions.
- Ensure that judgement and attention to detail is applied to the role
- Ensure that the role is completed within required deadlines and should have the ability to organize, plan, set goals and deliver accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal skills as cross team collaboration is required.
- Have the ability to innovate in the role
- Quality of work should be thorough
- Conscious of the abuse of company resources
RESPONSIBILITIES/ KEY ACTIVITIES
- Preparation and completion of Section 14 in and out documentation
- Submission of completed documents to transferee fund, board of trustees, valuator and or FSCA
- Liaison with FSCA, administrators and company
- Preparation of payment schedules for transferee funds
- Preparing requests for payments of transfers out
- Requesting for payments and schedules for payments in
- Preparing and submitting final payment schedules (indicating employee and employer split) and proof of payments to the transferee fund
- Allocating transfer values to member's records
- Communicating with all stakeholders verbally and in writing
- Resolving all queries and requests raised by administrators and FSCA
- Staff training on FSCA requirements and process
- Updating the manager on staff requirements
- Keeping progress reports updated
- Submitting progress reports to BOARD on a monthly basis
- Preparing updated statistics for quarterly Board of Trustee meetings
- Sending member benefits statements to intermediary/administrator to supply member statements for both Section 14 in and out transfers
- Fulfilling any adhoc requests and other duties that may be delegated from time to time.
RECORD KEEPING AND FILING
- Attach all email correspondence to the member's record.
- Record all appropriate member notes on member's Everest record.
- Attend to all email and internal and external telephonic enquiries.
- Assist the consultants and Call Centre to resolve queries.
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels with service providers and internal departments to enhance organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Use your best endeavors to properly conduct, improve, extend, develop, promote, protect and preserve the business interests, reputation and goodwill of the company.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to manage high claim volumes.
- Flexible and ability to work under pressure and multitask.
- Valid Matric certificate
- Clear credit and criminal record
- Minimum of 2 years’ Section 14 Administration experience
- FICA Awareness Training
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good knowledge of Section 14 processes
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Everest experience will be advantageous
- Excellent numerical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-starter who can work independently with minimal support but who can also work in a team environment
- Innovative thinking
- High ethics
- Needs to appreciate the importance of filing and reports