The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a sound Industrial Relations service to the Company, as well as advising Line Management on the application of the Company disciplinary and grievance procedures, thus, ensuring harmonious Employee Relations are maintained. All industrial relations functions, including disciplinary hearings and ensuring that company policy is applied
Facilitate, develop, and conduct IR training and other IR processes, such as Conflict
Ensuring that line managers comply with Performance Management targets
Setting up of employment equity structures and monitoring targets Advise on legal issues
Building capacity ahead of demand
Advice operations/managers on IR issues
Apply discipline as per the requirements of the company Disciplinary Code and procedures Maintain all disciplinary reports
Assist managers in the application of the company's disciplinary and grievance procedures Facilitating incapacity procedures
Facilitating poor work performance procedures
Attending disciplinary inquiries
Attending meetings & liaising with unions
Negotiating with unions
Travelling to Branches to attend IR matters
EDUCATION, TRAINING, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
*** Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted***
- Matric/ Grade 12
- Relevant HR Diploma/ B. Com degree,
- Labour law qualification would be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 (Five) years' Industrial Relations experience (Chairing disciplinary hearings).
- Sound knowledge of and ability to interpret labour legislation, especially the IRA, BCEA.
- Own reliable car and valid driver's license.
- Willing to travel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Manufacturing or industrialized environment.
- The ability to hold confidentiality in high regard.
- Must be a team player.
- Microsoft Office at Intermediate level.
- Clear criminal record.