We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with at least 5 years' experience. Key Performance Areas:
The company is based is Caoe Town, however, they are open to remote workers across South Africa.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Ensure that the Development team’s release contributions are in order and ready for release.
- Ensure the Development team has sufficient build/test environments, with all environments kept in pristine condition.
- Manage escalated production issues relevant to the Development team, ensuring necessary information is available to provide solutions (metrics, logs etc).
- Design and develop tools and applications to assist Operations with monitoring, deployment and general automation.
- Define and document processes for operational execution, including mechanisms to monitor their effectiveness.
- Instill a sense of the DevOps culture within the Development team. Constantly looking to break down silos and maximise flow of information between teams.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating DevOps in the subject line.
- A firm grasp and five (5) years’ experience with of at least one of the following languages: Ruby, Java, Golang.
- A solid understanding and three (3) years’ experience of Containerisation (specifically Docker and Docker Swarm).
- Comfortable with administrating both Linux and Windows OS.
- Proficient with RDBS systems (Administrating, Querying and Designing)
- A solid understanding of basic networking principles with an emphasis on HTTP/S and Websockets.
- Five (5) years’ experience in building and deploying Web Applications.
- A solid understanding of SCM, automated build environments and deployment mechanisms.