PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Our client in the IT/Education sector is looking for a PL/SQL Development Engineer to join their fast paced and dynamic team. As a developer you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting our solutions with specific focus on developing and API layer for the system. In the role you will be require to do PL/SQL development.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
PL/SQL development work
- Developed complex database objects like stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Development of Restful web services using ORDS (Oracle Restful Data Services) and PL/SQL.
- Create and maintain indexes, constraints, tables, PL/SQL store procedures & packages and produce queries to answer business questions.
- Tune the SQL queries as well as PL/SQL programs using hints, indexes, partitions and other performance tuning techniques.
Ensure Quality Software Solutions are developed
- Create test cases and test reports and work with QA team to validate the data and scenarios.
- Use diagnostic tools/techniques to identify the root cause of software failures.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- BSc (Computer Science or Information Systems) /B Com (Information Systems)/Diploma in Information Systems.
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience as an Oracle PL/SQL developer in analysis, design and implementation of business applications using the oracle relational database management system, with restful services experience.
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Databases: Oracle 19C (SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, triggers)
- Experience with RESTful Services, JSON and Oracle ORDS (Oracle Restful Data Services) is paramount.
- Experience with Swagger Open API standard and YAML is a distinct advantage.
- Oracle SQL/PL-SQL developer certification is an advantage.
- Languages/utilities: SQL, PL/SQL, JSON, Java, XML.
- Source control: Bitbucket, SVN (subversion), Git/GitHub etc.
- Understanding of the full scope of application development (authentication, integrating with APIs, build process, testing, validation, state management)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted