The Product Solution Architect is primarily responsible for the following:
Designing technical solutions that best meets the need of the Customer and Adapt IT, while considering the available technology frameworks, skills, and resources.
Performing technical assessments of new business opportunities, including RFPs and RFIs.
Meet with existing and potential customers to understand their requirements and to design and document an appropriate solution.
Support Business Development & Marketing by providing technical input to enable the generation of technical marketing material.
Research, identify , select and test technology products required for solutions delivery.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
Design software solutions / systems
- Ability to design, document, and communicate complex systems.
- Assess outputs from Adapt IT delivery teams to assure deliverables satisfy quality standards.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts and technical architects to devise client solutions.
- Determine technical risk and issues and suggest mitigation options.
- Outline the components required in building or enhancing a new module or system.
- Document and record designs and design decisions taken.
- Reviewing existing system architecture and recommending improvements and participating in engineering reviews to determine any ambiguities.
- Understand and can lead cloud native architectures projects.
Build solutions / systems
- Liaise with software development engineers to develop and implement design concepts that are following fundamental user requirements.
- Explain the architecture of a system and assist developers in building the proposed module or system.
- Ensuring that architectural solutions met technical and functional requirements.
- Provide supervision and guidance to development teams.
- Diagnosing issues and resolving them on demand.
Research, identify, select and test technology
- Continually researching the current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Create solutions leveraging Adapt IT capabilities to address client needs.
- Draw up technical and commercial proposals and pricing models for innovative solutions.
- Develop ROI and economic models to justify investments in Adapt IT proposed solutions stacks.
- Prepare cost & effort estimates for a system design.
- Assess the impact of technical choices on profitability.
- Update management on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
- Lean start-up approaches to product development
Support Business Development & Marketing
- Prepare technical sales presentations including service offerings and case studies.
- Create solutions leveraging Adapt IT capabilities to address client needs
- Coordinate with Business Development to support sales objectives.
- Assist in responding to RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs.
- Engage with new and existing customers to collect requirements.
Technical / Technology Skills
- Engineering and software architecture design.
- Project management experience.
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- IT infrastructure and cloud development.
- Project and Product Management
- Familiarity with Design Thinking
- Cloud native architectures
- Uses effective interpersonal and communication skills to gain acceptance of and commitment to plans, ideas and initiatives.
- Shares important and relevant information.
- Gains the cooperation, trust and support of others.
- Seeks a win/win solution with the minimization of a compromise.
- Communicates in a positive manner resulting in action.
- Focuses energy on finding solutions rather than blaming others.
- Acknowledges others’ contributions.
- Actively develop individual skills and abilities to fulfill a job role more effectively
- Make use of opportunities for the development of skills provided.
- Views situations from multiple perspectives
- Brainstorms and evaluates multiple solutions/ approaches.
- Open-mindedness, unconstrained in thought and approach not accepting the existing status quo, views and assumptions.
- Explore multiple and diverse resources to find solutions.
Living the Values
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable policies, regulations, standards and governance requirements
- Treating all people fairly and consistently, and with dignity and respect
- Being ethical, honest and sensitive in all dealings
- Taking corrective action to address inappropriate decisions or actions
- Taking ownership for own performance and decisions and their impact on the business
- Demonstrating tenacity and resilience even when faced with obstacles
- Seeking opportunities for personal feedback, learning and development
- Acting decisively when tough or quick action is required
- Constructively challenging the status quo to improve performance
- Creating an appropriate sense of urgency for change
- Actively engaging others in the vision and purpose of change and influencing the change process
- Maintaining focus and seeing change through to completion
- Recognizing and celebrating progress in implementing change
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- 10 + years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.