A seasoned leader in the sports betting/gaming fraternity required to take up the role of Lead: Betting Operations for our client. The role will be responsible for both retail and online markets. International candidates welcome to apply; the role is based in Johannesburg. For applications and enquiries email email@example.com
Post Graduate will be advantageous
7 - 10 years applicable experience (seniority and industry)
- Grow sales profit, and to motivate staff to achieve this same goal.
- Develop and grow a customer focus commercial operation to maximise available assets.
- Ensure awareness and account for competition, retail sector trends and current trading opportunities.
- Develop, implement, review and monitoring the operating plan and budget.
- Maintain, seek, utilise and analyse management information including EPOS (electronic point of sale) data to manage performance, seize opportunities and make informed management decisions, taking appropriate remedial action as required to reach and maintain budgeted sales and net income contributions.
- Ensure that all aspects of infrastructure are in place, maintained and operational to enable the selling of bets to customers.
- Lead adequately resources, competent and motivated teams focused on delivering the highest levels of service to the customers.
- Effectively recruit, induct, lead, manage, train and develop Area Managers and take overall responsibility in this regard for all operational betting staff.
- Provide support to staff so they have the opportunity to develop their skills in the role and to achieve growth in sales.
- Lead in the design and development of financial, administrative, information technology and operational control strategy which includes policies and processes across all functions.
- Ensure that governance and compliance controls are in accordance to national and international standards.
- Take responsibility to ensure the awareness, understanding and compliance to the legislative and regulatory requirements including but not limited to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, National Gambling Act, FIC Act, etc.
- Cost control within budgeted parameters by monitoring expenditure.
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please regard your application as unsuccessful.