Our client in the Public Relations/Communications sector, based in Dunkeld West, Johannesburg is currently looking to employ an experienced Group Account Director: Health.
An awesome career opportunity awaits.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience effectively managing multiple sizable account (including financials) and serving as the daily client contact simultaneously.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare communications.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills along with the proven ability to consistently make sounds judgments and effectively motivate and manage teams.
- Experience working in healthcare, pharmaceutical.
- Experienced in running health and or pharmaceutical communications campaigns in house or at agency.
- Have experience with and knowledge of earned media, particularly in the health and pharma space.
- Have experience managing campaign launches, milestone announcements, media events, and desk-side briefings.
- Strong communication - active listening and ability to persuade and negotiate.
- Confidence in presenting ideas and providing counsel to internal and external audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Oversee financial and operational performance of multiple accounts simultaneously, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence, and that plan creation and execution map to goals.
- Counsel clients and troubleshoot client and internal issues.
- Use relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners to meet client needs.
- Supervise staff by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews.
- Introduce clients to new capabilities, initiate new business process and display strong presentation skills during client pitches.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals.
- Play major role in creation of communications plans and goals; manage against them.
- Serve as daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate, address client issues thoughtfully and effectively.
- Consistently produce high-quality internal and external communications content.
- Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new capabilities, building network of industry contacts and participating in relevant professional organizations.
- Ability to write strategic media plans and a variety of media materials with limited oversight.
Please note should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.