The Branch Manager is ultimately accountable and responsible for the successful operation of the store, managing the employees of the branch, the achievement of sales targets and budgets, and for execution of company initiatives within the branch.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plan and direct the day-to-day activities of the branch.
- Ensure excellent customer satisfaction, always!
- Seek ways to better promote the store, the product offerings and service within the store.
- Develop and maintain the store attractiveness, presentability & cleanliness.
- Ensure the branch is always adequately staffed by:
- Initiating hiring in a timely manner when staff leave or when seasonality demands it
- Developing an appropriate scheduling plan for staff
- Supervise and assist staff in the areas of customer service, product knowledge, store maintenance, execution of promotions, company initiatives, branch administration and ensure that all staff are adequately trained to carry out their respective roles.
- Achieve sales and other targets, managing all controllable costs, with an overall view of maintaining profitability of the branch.
- Ensure product display in store is in line with merchandising guidelines.
- Ensure a strong system of inventory management is implemented and maintained, with specific focus on:
- Adequate inventory levels of appropriate products in conjunction with procurement
- Minimizing out of stocks in the branch
- Implementing stock counts in line with group direction
- Ensuring ordering is done accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintaining contact with suppliers to ensure maximum efficiency in purchasing process
- Minimizing shrinkages and write-offs
- Product range GP% targets are met by ensuring correct pricing and accurate capturing of receipts.
- Ensure branch administration is operating effectively and in line with company SOP’s.
- Always ensure the safeguarding of the company assets within the branch.
- Ensure the store always remains clean and presentable.
- Personnel management, including selective HR duties.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Matric certificate
- FMCG experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Outlook and Excel
- Good level of skill on retail ERP programs
- 5-7 years retail management experience
- Strong management and coaching skills
- Strong organizational & planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good sales and customer service orientation
- Good communication skills
- Proactive by nature
- Must have a high level of integrity and honesty