Our client is looking for a highly skilled, motivated and dedicated individual who would like to be part of the team.
Purpose of the job:
The Senior Desktop Support provides proven senior technical experience and strategic insights to meet the IT needs of staff members of all companies. The position works in close coordination with both the Service Desk Manager and System Administrators to devise, plan, implement and manage a comprehensive integrated solution.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Living their Purpose – Identifies and embraces the purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Knows the business and industry – Knows how member firm business works and keeps up to date on industry activities, marketplace trends and leading practices.
- Manages to result – Takes responsibility for assigned areas and contributes to the successful realization of common goals.
- Manages and executes projects – Prepares and manages work plans to ensure efficient and timely completion of work.
- Solves problems – Identifies and solves problems objectively using analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Manages quality and risk – Understands and applies quality assurance and risk management procedures in all areas of work performed.
- Manages change and ambiguity – Is adaptive and flexible in the face of change and ambiguity.
- Solid technical knowledge in specific functional area.
- Good skills in analysis and report writing.
- Fully competent in Microsoft suite, and programs relevant to role.
- Competent in Windows and Mac Support relevant to role.
- Good understanding of business principles.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Communicates very effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Displays good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Exhibits strong need for development of self and others.
- Focus on delivery.
- Is highly adaptable.
- Demonstrated focus on quality and strong awareness and management of risk.
- Ability to solve problems and to make effective decisions.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- At least Microsoft MTA (Desktop roadmap) certification or MCSA certification (current certification)
- Minimum of 3 years of working on a Help Desk or a Desktop Support as a Senior Technician.
- Proven track record of successfully working on Service Desk Support Systems.
- Strong understanding of hardware, software, networking and infrastructure principles is required along with knowledge of telephony and web principles.
- Outstanding communication skills to team and clients.
- Knowledge of (ITIL) and service management to deliver outstanding customer services and satisfaction
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office, Patch Management, Anti-Malware, desktop/laptop imaging, anti-virus and inventory management.
- Excellent knowledge of end user devices (PC, Laptop, Mac, mobile) and peripherals.
- Advanced working knowledge of configuring and trouble-shooting iOS and Android based mobile devices.
- Strong customer service orientation, good written and oral communication skills, keen attention to details with strategic and holistic mind-set, self - motivated and directed.
- Ability to facilitate one-to-one and group training sessions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, manage user expectations and potential risks.