Our Client a Global Tech firm is seeking an Enablement & Product Marketing Specialist to join their team. They offer stability, growth, competitive salary along with benefits and a great working environment.
Note this role will report into India and work from South Africa, normal South African working times will apply.
The Enablement & Product Marketing Specialist is accountable for providing the direction, management, and expertise on Enablement processes, tools, methods, and systems that will enable the Region/Country to position the overall Offering and Product Marketing goals and objectives.
The individual shall have experience in IT and Infrastructure services with capability to hold conversations with senior professionals and excellent relationship skills. Candidate is responsible to implement enablement initiatives which includes offer strategy articulation, stakeholder management, change management and benefits realization. To be effective in the role, candidate is expected to contribute to the development of marketing, product positioning, competitive selling strategies and benefit ladder framework to establish the TIS offer and messaging.
"Develops or uses proven measurement models and diagnostic tools to help identify enablement and marketing performance indicators, key areas of opportunity and enablement training needs. May analyse or recommend strategic priorities, enablement & marketing performance metrics and product marketing effectiveness tracking methods in order to maintain and improve the company’s competitive advantage in the market. May help develop and/or administer new training programs to fill competency gaps."
Key Roles And Responsibilities
- Creating, designing and distributing product collaterals to support the overall Business Unit enablement (eg. value proposition slide decks, sales kits, sales playbook, etc)
- Provide good storytelling and presentation slides content creation
- Build client success stories, references and be responsible for overall customer satisfaction
- Researching industry-related engaging topics to facilitate in product positioning and competitive selling strategies.
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- In conjunction with the Service Development & Enablement team, as part of a cross functional agile team, ensure that the TIS offers are Ready for Sale (RfS) , Ready for Trial (RfT), Ready for Pilot (RfP) and General Availability (GA) in the Region;
- Work with regions, countries and GBS to ensure that they have the right level of competency, receive the relevant training and understand processes to quote and sell the TIS offers
- Regular engagement with regions, countries and GBS to understand sales playbook adoption performance as input to service delivery, product management, and performance measurement processes
- Ability to deploy enablement and educational material across multiple channels
- Analyze and evaluate training programs to ensure content, initiatives and timelines are up to date
- Coordinate and facilitate enablement & Product marketing trainings, and workshops
- Coordinating with service design, service development team and marketing teams for illustrating articles
- Editing and proofreading content before publication
- Influence regional resource planning, sales target coverage and hiring to ensure sufficient support in the sales and delivery process;
- Assist the Regional & Country team to define the way they approach the market and achieve set targets through enabling effective engagement processes, tools and training.
- Act as mentor/coach and advisor that assists the Region/Country by delivering consistent and valuable training interventions that enable continuous improvement and revenue growth whilst closing skills gaps.
- Provide enablement & Product marketing tools and methodologies that assist with the management of account opportunities, pipelines, and forecasting efforts, ensuring accessibility and tool utility training.
- Plans and organizes multiple work outputs by assigning priorities and continuously reviewing objectives and goals.
- Improve enablement & Product marketing performance through continuously evolving processes, technology, and methodologies to meet deliverables.
- Act as a change agent for sales initiatives by executing enabling activities such as tools, processes, and methods.
- Identify and develop improvements to current processes and methods.
- Provide the knowledge and skills that enable successful customer business outcomes.
- Working with smaller sales teams and providing operational management to a team of functional individual contributors, implementing sales onboarding, training, and coaching.
- Track enablement, marketing & sales metrics and manage the accuracy, providing related reporting to the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide enablement & Product marketing process management support to Region's teams.
- Ensure the delivery of content and communication related to marketing and sales collateral and commercial messaging.
- Work with internal stakeholders and benchmark external data to assist with the development of compensation plans.
- Ensures that enablement technology continues to provide value and regularly review and audit the technology stack to ensure relevance and usefulness
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail. Effectively able to interact at all levels across the organization
- Background in sales enablement, training sales managers, and/or coaching sales managers on service offers
- Experience developing and delivering curriculum surrounding enterprise sales education;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with all levels within an organization, including Sr Leadership, C-Level and Individual Contributors (Excellent communication skills);
- Prior experience as a Copywriter, Content Creator or a similar role if preferred
- Display good storytelling and presentation slides content creation
- Proficiency in English along with excellent writing skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- A keen eye for details
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- A good understanding of the vast range of IT operations and Organization service offerings
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs
- Demonstrate operational team management and leadership skills and be able to effectively manage the resources that report to them
- Good collaboration skills and able to interact professionally
- Good relationship building skills and knowledge of the client environment
- Analytical in approach with good attention to detail
- Ability to make sound decisions based on information/statistics
- Understanding of the local sales environment and ability to grasp the challenges facing the sales force
- Ability to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Thorough understanding of solution selling concepts and solid knowledge of sales process design
Execute on the Software Strategy
- Support the wider organization’s sales plan and execute the software sales strategy, and based on that define your own plan for your solution to achieve your sales targets
- Develop and maintain clear account plans for appropriate clients and targets
- Discover, forecast, and run software related opportunities in the medium & long-term
- Sales tools such as salesforce.com, is used to effectively manage client and opportunity data.
Opportunity identification and closing sales
- Work alongside sales force to support the sales process, position technology solutions, and close the deal
- At least a Business or Marketing degree, post graduate degree in business or Marketing would be an advantage
Work Experience Required
- Experience in IT/ICT marketing
- Extensive work with external communications, advertising, production and sponsorship agencies or consultancies
- Market research, analysis and insight development
- Demonstrable level of relevant experience in a similar role within a related environment
- Solid previous experience operationally managing a sales operations/effectiveness team
- Solid experience dealing with stakeholders to influence sales
- Previous demonstrable experience in the sales operations/effectiveness management role
- Some strategic and operational planning experience
- Experience with process engineering and management systems experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Three (3) years sales or sales operations experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Past experience building sales metrics and models (e.g., pipeline & forecast models)
Additional Job Description
- Have wide-ranging experience
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to solve complex issues in creative ways
- Networks with others outside own area of expertise
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results
- May coordinate others’ activities
- Experience with quote tools is an advantage