A leading company in the Butchery/Meat industry based outside Pretoria is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join their company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a system allowing a zero-tolerance to customer complaints, quality defects and resource wastes from raw material intake, manufacturing and storage, to final product release.
- Ensure effectiveness and efficiency of this management system by integrating this across all relevant departments and existing systems and SOPs.
- Oversee effective, sustainable correction of non-conformances.
- Review, continual improvement and implementation of HACCP, VACCP and TACCP plans, and control procedures per plant and/or product category, aligned to FSSC -, regulatory -, customer and company requirements;
- Communication to, and involvement of, other internal departments, during the development, review and implementation of these plans;
- Review and Implementation of effective QCP points;
- Monitoring and verification of QCP points and other related records;
- Quality defect investigations, and identification of route-cause(s);
- Develop and implement immediate containment actions for non-conformances;
- Oversee, follow-up and confirm the sustainable Corrective Action of Route Causes.
- Internal audits planned and executed against these plans and product specifications;
- Implementation of monitoring procedures and logging, trending and reporting of Quality Defects to report against targets, incl:
- Customer complaints, rejections, returns;
- Microbial, chemical, physical, allergen monitoring programs (environment and/or product);
- Internal quality alerts/near-miss incidents, reworks etc;
- Others as applicable.
- Communication of trends to internal departments, management and customers/suppliers as applicable;
- Maintain and continually improve the system, and ensure implementation of all requirements and records as set out within this system;
- Oversee that all Foods plants are audit-ready at all times.
Trials & Continual Improvements
- Stay abreast of updated, new, and best-practice technical requirements, regulations and standards and oversee implementation;
- Manage the technical contribution to, and participation during, process or product improvement trials, equipment changes or upgrades and/or new product or system implementations etc.:
- Technical advice during Planning / Concept Stage
- Participation during practical execution
- Contributing to reporting, specifications changes, risk assessments etc.
- Ensure the update of HACCP, VACCP and TACCP plans and procedures and their implementation, accordingly;
- Minimize waste and duplication by consolidating and continually improving the quality and food safety system to operating systems in place across departments.
- Build and maintain technical relationships with all customers, service providers and suppliers, and assist team to do same;
- Ensure response to customer enquiries within 48 hours;
- Represent the company and/or ensure adequate representation during site visits, walk-throughs and audits;
- Ensure good relationships between the team and all departments within the comapny, growing a Quality Culture;
- All duties are performed according to the Comapny's Food Safety and Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum 5 Years Quality / Food Safety / FMCG Managerial experience
Package & Remuneration
- R38 000– R40 500 CTC per month
- Discretionary bonus – depending on performance
15 Soveriegn drive, Irene. Route 21
PEOPLE DIMENSION believes that every successful Brand is shaped by Great People who deliver on the
promise they make.
PEOPLE DIMENSION is a Recruitment agency committed to seek greatness in the South African job market.
Skills attraction is our passion and building trusted partnerships with both our clients and applicants our
PEOPLE DIMENSION prides us on providing a personalized and delivery-focused recruitment function
across all industries.
Our Services include both permanent and contract placements, in the following specialist areas;
Marketing & Sales
A clear understanding of our clients’ business and corporate culture is the starting point of every successful
placement we make.
Our extensive industry knowledge and more than 11 year presence within the recruitment industry,
enables us to find and introduce South Africa’s top talent to our clients. We also believe in continuous
follow up on the progress of the candidate we have placed as well as the level of both our client’s and
candidate’s satisfaction with our service.
PEOPLE DIMENSION adheres to the APSO Constitution and Code of Ethics and is therefore very serious in
complying with the requirements of South Africa’s Labour legislation. We are also a Level 4 BEE
Integrity and Service excellence is our promise to you.
We invite you to choose PEOPLE DIMENSION as your recruitment partner.