A prestigious financial services company is seeking an experienced, Cape Town-based, AP & Purchasing Manager to head up the function for the group, represented in 8 countries. The role calls for a mature person with strong management skills and the ability to handle pressure, change, and multiple projects in a strongly controlled environment. Advanced MS Excel skills and relationship-building skills are paramount. Previous experience with systems such as Navone and integrated Procurement to payment systems (SAP Concur) is advantageous.
The Accounts Payable Department supports all operating entities across the Group (8 jurisdictions), by ensuring that appropriate purchase orders are in place, invoices have the correct approvals, payments are made to third parties or employees in a timely manner and issuing any stop payments as necessary. The Accounts Payable department also tracks budget expenses and manages expense accruals for the month-end close process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant purchase ledger experience is essential
- Part or full accounting/bookkeeping qualification
- Previous experience managing an AP team
- Experience working in a strong control environment
- Knowledge of VAT matters
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX and Navone systems is preferred
- Previous experience with integrated Procurement to payment systems (SAP Concur) advantageous
PRINCIPAL ELEMENTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage a team of Accounts Payable Assistants/Officers.
- Overseeing the upkeep of purchase ledgers of Group operating entities, including liaising with department heads, chasing outstanding expense authorisation, posting invoices and staff expense and credit card forms.
- Ensures the division’s compliance with the Group expenditure policy and adherence to internal financial controls.
- To develop a Global supplier list and to help identify potential procurement efficiencies for the business
- Overseeing operational activities e.g. timely replies to supplier queries, chasing up of invoices, creating payment runs for various expenses/purposes.
- Monthly reconciliation of purchase ledger to nominal ledger, highlighting any problems.
- Preparation of monthly expense accruals for the financial accounting team
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, including preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports.
- Producing annual accounts payable budgets and forecasts, with involvement in year-end accounts and with annual internal and external audit.
- Supporting the Financial Accounting team with daily and monthly transactions and ledger reconciliations as required.
- Provide cover in the absence of Group Finance colleagues.
- Input into the preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- AP related projects – Implementation of Accounts Payable and Accounting systems & Integration of new future M&A’s entities within group processes
- Ad hoc duties as required.
We welcome all applications from candidates that meet the above set requirements. Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful should you not hear from us within 14 days from the date of application
By submitting your information, you confirm that:
- We may retain your personal information in our database for future matching.
- We may contact you for your consent to submit your CV to suitable vacancies.
- That the information you have submitted is true, correct, and up to date.