The main purpose of this job is to perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support our sales department & other departments within, which includes Reception, Accounts and Warehouse when needed.
Sales admin duties:
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the sales team.
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet and database software to prepare reports and documents such as quotations, invoices and statements.
- Assist with driving messages (e.g. event registrations)
- Request cancelations & credits of orders placed.
- Following up and tracking urgent deliveries and providing feedback and PODs/invoices when requested.
- Assist the sales team with quotations and orders.
- Attending product training sessions and sales meetings.
- Setting up appointments and travel arrangements when needed.
- Providing feedback to customers
- General administration
- Assisting in other departments when needed.
· Answering and distributing incoming calls and messages correctly.
· Welcoming walk-in guests
· General administration
· Processing payments received.
· Sending statements
· General administration
- Receiving, Picking, packing, boxing and labelling of orders.
- Accurate packing of stock onto shelves and within the warehouse.
- Ensure the accurate scanning and invoicing of orders.
- Assist customers/couriers when collecting orders and confirm payments made.
- Mark orders as ‘collected’ when out on deliveries.
- Escalate problematic issues promptly to the supervisor.
- Report any infringement, accident, notice of service, loss of stock, damage of stock, hijacking or any other important issue to your supervisor immediately.
- Inform sales department of orders not collected and action cancellations/credits
- Execute Rectron standards of excellence in your daily duties
- Ensure good housekeeping
- Ensure accurate stocktake procedure
- General administration duties
- Other duties as required by your line Manager
The candidate must possess the following capabilities:
- Adept in Technology
- Ability to effectively navigate and use a Windows based PC
- Use specific IT systems to account for payments and access details
- Microsoft Word: Basic Word features
- Microsoft Excel: Basic Excel features
- Microsoft Outlook: Sending/receiving emails, out of office settings, scheduling meetings, attachments
- Skype for Business: Sending/receiving messages
- Effective Communication
- Clear, professional communication
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Getting back to stakeholders timeously
- Manage expectations with stakeholders
- Time management
- Prioritizing of tasks
- Planning and organizing
Active listening Skills:
- Listening to customers and directing calls to correct departments
- Listening to and effectively analyse problems as they arise
- Proactively find solutions to problems using all available resources
- Knowing when to ask for help
- Ability to work under pressure
- Anticipates Needs
- Complete important tasks without needing to be asked
- Takes initiative to support the business
Skills & Competencies (general job knowledge and skill sets)
- Well-disciplined individual
- Good numeracy skills / Analytical