databases and document stores, as needed.
* Containerisation of applications and services using Docker, as well as implementing continuous delivery pipelines (development, staging, production) for routine and stable releases of all respective services.
* Co-design and implementation of systems architecture to support client-executed software where applicable. For example, facilitating persisting configuration/other client-created data in a database and APIs to support sensible models for client-server data exchanges. These tasks will be done through effective communication with fellow developers and product stakeholders.
* Mentoring and upskilling of SAEON junior and mid-level staff.
* Degree in Computer Science or Information Science or Technology, OR bachelor·s degree in science with relevant experience in software development and engineering.
* A minimum of 5 years of documented experience in software development and engineering practices (system design, quality control and revision/version control) is required.
* Experience working with relational databases using SQL.
* Experience working with JSON data and JSON APIs.
* Experience in the use of version control software.
* Experience working with and visualising geospatial data.
* Python and/or R programming experience.
* Familiarity with the Linux command line and performing administrative tasks on Linux servers.
* Exposure to data science and statistical analysis
Any experience in mobile app development would be advantageous