Position: Stock Co-Ordinator
Location: Cape Town
Reporting To: Department Manager
The purpose of this job is, to manage the day-to-day maintenance of stock levels within the inventory parameters on the stock system and monitor merchandising and housekeeping standards of stock on shelves in such a way that stock discrepancies are reduced in order to minimize losses. In addition this includes ensuring that stock corresponds with stock on hand that’s recorded on the stock system used and investigate issues that arise in such a manner it ensure the continuous availability of stock.
- Investigate stock transfers errors in various departments as well as liaise with the stock controllers across the relevant branches to check stock on hands against computer stock.
- Liaise with the stock controller on a daily basis where there are stock discrepancies in the departments after investigations was done and have the stock adjusted accordingly.
- Assist the stock controller with the checking of credits and faulty good returned from the various branches.
- Ensure spot checks are done on department stock takes done by the various departments in the Distribution Centre.
- Comply with Health and Safety standards
- Participate in perpetual stock takes.
- Ensure housekeeping of work area.
- Perform any work-related tasks as delegated by superior.
- Matric or 3 x Completed Intercept courses equating to total of 120 credits
- 3 years in stock related function
- 2 years experience in the industry
- In-house entry level merchandising standards
- Demonstrate 95% accuracy in stock counts
- Ability to handle pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written)
- Completed merchandising training
- Planning, time management & organising skills
- Policy and procedure driven
- Accuracy, discipline and motivation