Maintenance Technician (JB1807)
R9 000.00 to 12 000.00 plus overtime
Benefits: Medical aid, Provident Fund, Group Life Cover
Responsible for performing customer support activities involving on-site installation, repairing and maintenance of complex security equipment and systems
- Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent (NQF level 4).
- Competent in low voltage electrical systems.
- Proven experience in security systems installation and maintenance.
- Possess a sound understanding of basic electronics and technical security systems.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer literate.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Any relevant electrician certificate / diploma.
- PSiRA (Minimum Grade C) will be beneficial
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install various security systems for customers on site as and when required.
- Complete all wiring, connections, and equipment installations ensuring that all security systems are complete and satisfy customer and contractual requirements.
- Configure and program relevant electronic systems.
- Troubleshoot new system installations to ensure proper function and to ensure system meets customer and company requirements.
- Be able to integrate multiple systems.
- Conduct ongoing system checks to ensure all systems are in working order.
- If system malfunctions are detected, diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on faulty systems.
- Respond to all customer complaints regarding the security systems, ascertain equipment / systems problems and repair said problems
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Promote, build, and maintain good customer relations and assists with contract retention.
- Ensure that all installation and service standards are followed at all times.
- Compliance with all the relevant sections of the Act (with special reference to section 17 of the OHS act).
- Inspect the designated area monthly and record findings on checklist.
- Report unsafe acts and unsafe conditions according to internal standards.
- Report any environmental incidents according to internal standards.
- Report any quality related incidents according to internal standards.
- Participate in incident / accident investigations according to internal standards.
- Attend SHEQ meetings as scheduled.
- Feedback to employees of the branch that you represent (Head Office).
- Attend training as required by legislation.
- Participate in an On-call rotation as and when required.
- Interface with the Technical Projects Co-Ordinator regarding on-site scheduling of work activities and timely delivery of equipment.
- Proper documentation of installation issues / actions / resolutions both internally and externally (site visit reports, acceptance forms, service tickets, etc.).
- Online system called STRATA.
- Maintain adequate parts inventory; keep inventory log (online system called STRATA).
Kontak Recruitment, a Recruitment Agency & one of the leading personnel & recruitment agencies in Johannesburg South Africa. Trusted employment and staffing agencies, recruiting top staff & personnel for companies hiring throughout the employment spectrum. Permanent and contract placements agency. Professional & Reliable Recruitment Services. Hire certified Staff for entry level to executive placements and view available vacancies near you at our job agencies.