Maintain a portfolio of funds by finishing daily, monthly, and quarterly chores, creating yearly financial statements of the highest quality for customers by 4 months of the Fund's year-end, and coordinating and facilitating the filing of financial statements to FSB within 6 months. This position is essential to upholding our continued commitment to excellence in the production of outstanding Annual Financial Statements and the linked procedures that influence its production.
- Matric (Grade 12) with 5 years or more Retirement Fund accounting experience and studying towards relevant Accounting degree or Relevant Accounting Degree/ Tertiary Qualification
- Minimum 5 years Industry related experience (Advantageous)
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite ( Advanced MS Excel a must)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Successfully complete reports for all Funds for review within portfolio within 45 days of the quarter end to the Reserve Bank
- Produce quality financial statements 2 weeks prior to the commencement of an audit
- Ensure that all financial statements are released to clients within 4 months or per client SLA and signed for submission to the FSB within 6 months after year end.
- Completion of monthly Asset and Liability Matching queries with no highly significant issues
- Maintaining and prepare all funds destined for closure
- Resolving all queries to FSB within the required 30 days from receipt
- Ensure 100% compliance rating on internal audits
- Embrace any technological advancement to gain operational maximum efficiencies
- All processes and document storage for to saved on SharePoint /on server/ on Fundi, no shared documents to be saved on desktop
- Management of bank account justifying the bank account balance and processing all investments and disinvestments instructions timeously
- Compile Trustee cashflows and bank recons as per procedure monthly / as per requirements
- Ensure all fees and premiums are paid monthly and timeously per procedure
- Adhoc Invoices are paid within 3 days of receipt/ or on receipt of disinvestment from market.
- Adherence to procedures to avoid potential PI claims
- Ensure no FSB Penalties lodged within a review period
- Management of individual expenses to avoid overruns
- Manage the audit process to avoid cost overruns
- UA and ALM asset alignments to be completed per instruction
- Clearing of debtors and creditors within required time frames
- Perform complex duties which can include Script lending recons / unsettled trade recon / completion of Schedule IA for Segregated portfolio / derivative liability swop agreement / budget variance reports / reserve account analysis and or any other additional tasks if so required
- Producing monthly / quarterly / bi-annual accounts if so required
- Establish strong, trust based relationships with internal clients, external clients and other teams within AF Administration Services.
- Working collaboratively with other departments to coordinate client interactions and resolutions to their needs.
- Ensuring that the TCF values are top of mind in all dealing with internal and external clients.
- Strong Retirement Fund industry knowledge
- Strong oral and Written communication
- Strong risk management skills
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to anticipate and manage change
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical Thinking
- Strong decision - making skills
- Strong Problem Solving skills
- Ability to think the bigger picture (Strategic Thinking)