Do you have an unwavering attention to detail and an eye for spotting errors? Are you well versed when it comes
to managing, overseeing and monitoring a team? Are you fantastic at motivating and coaching where required? Do
you love working with people and providing excellent service?
It’s our mission to unleash the potential in our team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse
and each individual feels that they belong. That’s why we want you to join us in the capacity of Short-term
underwriter and (KI). This role plays an integral part in our team, as you will be the custodian of Personal and
Commercial policies, ensuring they are compliant according to regulations. Further you will also be responsible for
the Short-term team, so as to ensure business growth and excellent client services is provided at all times.
What can we offer you? Some of our benefits include:
o Modern fit-for-purpose people practices.
o Working in a state-of-the-art tech building that includes access to on-site gym to help you grow your fitness as
much as you do your brain.
o Two on-site restaurants that will have you inhaling aromas of mouth-watering lunchtime dishes, and freshly brewed
coffee. At Fintech campus that’s just a part of the rhythm of the day.
Great, so who is a good fit?
A specialist with a high attention to detail and who has the ability to ensure FAIS and FICA legislation is met when it
comes to both Personal and Commercial policies. Someone who fully understands the Financial services industry, as
well as the processes within an FSP environment. The ideal candidate will also have excellent verbal and written
communications skills and the ability to provide feedback and coaching where needed. Someone who is creative when
it comes to promoting and marketing various products and obtaining new business.
So what will such a fantastic individual’s duties and responsibilities include?
• Meet and exceed targets as determined by the Company. These targets will be reviewed on an ongoing basis;
• Source, manage and develop sales and marketing team (STI Brokers), as well as develop cohesiveness within
• Provide sales support by means of liaising with the operations department to ensure integrations between
sales and sales administration support;
• Develop and implement product and marketing strategies in alignment with the industry;
• Liaise with relevant networks and service providers to ensure that all financial aspects regarding the various
accounts are administered correctly;
• Responsible for building and maintaining a professional relationship with various service providers and clients;
• Develop, monitor and amend commission structures for sales staff to ensure cost efficiency and optimal profit;
• Responsible for risk management in terms of bad debt recovery and monitor market trends so as to ensure
minimization of bad debt;
• Focus and responsible for all aspects of sales pertaining to various markets;
• Develop and manage broker and channel distribution network;
• Submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports to management and the Board of Directors;
• Work closely with group finance and pivot to manage and oversee financial and business planning activities,
such as development of budgets and forecasting, preparing of management and monitoring reports, collection
and communication of relevant business metrics;
• Underwriting Personal and Commercial policies;
• Ensuring that all clients are correctly covered and are happy with the services rendered and the cover that
they have received;
• Communicating with clients on a regular basis;
• Liaising with all Insurance Companies;
• Marketing Services;
• Set strategic goals and design business models in order to meet the set Company milestone.
Are there any specific skills and attributes required?
• Ability to work within a team based environment;
• Professional and presentable;
• Ability to efficiently manage team and their outputs;
• Ability to work in a highly stressed induced environment;
• Ability to build and maintain strong work relationships;
• Planning and prioritisation skills;
• Results driven and the ability to apply excellent time-management;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Both creative and innovative with the ability to think outside of the box;
• The ability to apply both problem solving and strategic skills.
Take a look at the what the requirements for this amazing job are and if you meet them apply, apply, apply:
• Computer literate with knowledge in Excel, Word and MS Suite;
• Completed Senior Certificate (Matric);
• 3-6 years’ experience as a short-term insurance underwriter;
• Experience with managing a team;
• Full insurance qualification;
• Both RE5 and RE1 certificates are non-negotiable;
• Fit and proper, relating to financial services legislation;
• Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively in spoken and written English and Afrikaans;
• Be able to work long hours when required.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link