Duties & Responsibilities
- Handling commercial claims including Heavy Commercial Vehicles claims from registration, right up until settlement
- Ensuring confirmation of cover has been completed correctly
- Reporting and handling of commercial motor and non-motor claims
- Communicate with clients, the responsible party, their insurers, solicitors, and various other parties involved in the claims process, by telephone and/or by written communication
- Ensure effective and timely claims management and settlement (in line with the SLA agreement)
- Adequate reserving of claims
- Assist with administrative functions and undertake special projects as and when requested
- To maintain the claims filing system effectively and efficiently – ensure all documents are renamed correctly
- To update client on the progress of the claim telephonically and via email
- Advise clients on general queries and claims issues
- Requesting payments correctly within mandate
- Handling of Compliments and Complaints according to the Compliments and Complaints Business Processes
- Ad hoc duties assigned by management from time-to-time
- New Claims handled – 60 claims to be worked on per day
- Open Claims – No claims to be open 90+ days
- Management of Tasks – All tasks to be attended to within the 4 working hours SLA
- Closing of Tasks – Detailed notes are always to be left as to why the task is being closed
- Management of reminders – All reminders to be attended to daily
- Utilisation and management of notes – Detailed and accurate notes are always to be used
- Communication (telephone and e-mail) – Ensuring professional communication at all times
- Telephone calls – to be made and received on recorded lines. If your cell phone does not have the ability to record, you may not use it for work purposes
- Telephone messages – All messages need to be attended to within 1 working hours.
- Detailed and accurate notes are always to be used
- Accuracy of estimates – Ensuring the reserves held on claims are accurate and updated at all times
- Accuracy and quality of communication – Ensuring professional communication at all times
- Telephone etiquette - answering/making the calls correctly – Ensuring professional communication at all times
- Exceptions – To be attended too daily. Estimates, claims status and notes to be updated continuously to prevent additional exceptions
- Adherence to SLA (Delivering work within SLA) – All tasks to be attended to within the 4 working hours SLA
- Comebacks on work not done correctly the first time – Proactively minimising the amount of comebacks
- General Attitude – to be positive and a team player
- Product knowledge – Ensuring all noted processes are followed correctly
- Costing – Ensuring costing is updated and correct at all times
- Application of Processes – Ensuring all noted processes are followed correctly
- Situational Awareness – Ensuring that all possible problems are escalated to the team leader
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Clear Credit and Criminal Record
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent Level 4 qualification issued by SAQA
- Relevant FAIS (150 crédits) & FAIS RE5 (compulsory)
- Short-term claims experience in Personal and Commercial Lines
- Minimum of 3 years working experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years in short-term industry
- Motor and Non-Motor experience
- Computer Literacy – MS Office: Work, Excel, Outlook – Intermediate Skill level
- Reliable transport
15 Soveriegn drive, Irene. Route 21
PEOPLE DIMENSION believes that every successful Brand is shaped by Great People who deliver on the
promise they make.
PEOPLE DIMENSION is a Recruitment agency committed to seek greatness in the South African job market.
Skills attraction is our passion and building trusted partnerships with both our clients and applicants our
PEOPLE DIMENSION prides us on providing a personalized and delivery-focused recruitment function
across all industries.
Our Services include both permanent and contract placements, in the following specialist areas;
Marketing & Sales
A clear understanding of our clients’ business and corporate culture is the starting point of every successful
placement we make.
Our extensive industry knowledge and more than 11 year presence within the recruitment industry,
enables us to find and introduce South Africa’s top talent to our clients. We also believe in continuous
follow up on the progress of the candidate we have placed as well as the level of both our client’s and
candidate’s satisfaction with our service.
PEOPLE DIMENSION adheres to the APSO Constitution and Code of Ethics and is therefore very serious in
complying with the requirements of South Africa’s Labour legislation. We are also a Level 4 BEE
Integrity and Service excellence is our promise to you.
We invite you to choose PEOPLE DIMENSION as your recruitment partner.