Achieve sales through effective contact management and maintain high quality standards to ensure long-term relationships with customers, driven through the comprehensive needs based assessment and advice.
Customer Needs Clarification:
- Set clear objectives for each sales call; tailor standard materials to make presentations to decision makers; and ask relevant questions to gather information, to evaluate the customer's level of interest,
- identify and respond to areas requiring further information or explanation. Understand the customers’ unique profile, identify a relevant course of action based on customer needs and undertake an appropriate course of action to ensure customer satisfaction, delivered through financial needs analysis
Sell Customer Propositions:
- Identify the products or services that best meet the customer's stated needs, explain the selection to the customer, and invite the customer to make a purchase at the standard price/terms and conditions of sale.
- Options include sale of investment products such as lump sum/recurring. Understand and deliver the required individual targets such as, achieving talk time targets, sales targets and other targets.
- Prioritise own workflow and ensure work is completed to the required standards of productivity, quality and timeliness; use performance management systems to improve personal performance.
- Achieve talk time targets, effectiveness targets and sales targets.
Customer Relationships Development:
- Make calls to allocated customers to develop new relationships. Act as a first point of contact for customer. Manage contacts, connect with the client, develop rapport and form relationships to ensure positive customer experiences at all times.
Sales Opportunities Creation:
- Identify potential customers by obtaining information, referrals, and recommendations from existing customers.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the organization's policies and procedures and of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct to ensure own work adheres to those standards.
- Obtain authorization from a supervisor or manager for any exceptions from mandatory procedure
Personal Capability Building:
- Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gain or maintain external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfill personal potential.
- Maintain an understanding of products, relevant technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education
- Provide technical guidance when required to maximize the volume and value of direct sales.
- Computer skills:
- Support business processes by understanding and effectively using standard office equipment and standard software packages.
- Proficient in MS Office
Apply concepts of knowledge / skill and provide technical guidance when required.
Use clear and effective verbal communications skills and provide technical guidance when required to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
Action Planning and work scheduling
Develop appropriate plans or perform necessary actions based on recommendations, requirements and achieve performance targets by optimizing work scheduling.
Use clear and effective writing skills to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
Customer and Market Analysis
Conduct research and analyze data in order to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer and market conditions that enables maximum return on investments.
Matric / Grade 12 or SAQA Accredited Equivalent (Essential); 120 FAIS Credits
(NQF5) in Wealth management (Essential); RE5 (Essential); 120 FAIS (NQF6) in Wealth management/ CFP/ equivalent (Advantageous); A relevant Finance related degree / diploma (Advantageous)
2 or more years Life Insurance experience (Essential); 2 year or more years Call
Centre experience (Advantageous)