MOBILE APP DEVELOPER
R 20 000 – R 25 000 CTC pm.
A leading Insurance Consultancy based in Centurion is looking for an experienced Mobile App Developer to join their team.
• The purpose of the position of the Mobile Developer is to join a team of developers to develop and maintain an internal mobile app that is developed in Ionic/Angular with Cordova as a wrapping framework. This includes developing new features, maintaining the current code base, and fixing bugs.
• A mobile developer ‘s focus will be the support of the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support), produce fully functional cross platform mobile applications through writing clean code, gather specific requirements and suggest solutions. They will write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions, troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance.
• They will deploy and ship apps in the Android, Huawei and IOS app stores
• They will design interfaces to improve user experience, be keen to research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols and ultimately stay up to date with new technology trends
• Design and build Hybrid applications using Ionic Framework.
• Publish Apps for Android, iOS and Huawei.
• Troubleshoot and debug applications.
• Optimize Apps for multi-devices (iPhone, iPad, Tablet and Smartphones).
• Code using agile principles and methodologies.
• Perform unit and integration testing before launch.
• Ensuring the best performance and user experience of the application.
• Cooperating with the rest of the development team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions.
Qualifications & Experience
• Grade 12 certificate or equivalent Level 4 qualification issued by SAQA.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or diploma in Information Technology.
• Clear criminal and ITC record.
• Very good experience in Angular 2+, Ionic, React and Cordova/PhoneGap.
• Minimum of 7+ years working experience.
• You must have at least 5+ years APP Development experience.
• You must have a track record of completing projects (large or small) and being an integral part of the team that completed the project.
• Your work ethics and trustworthiness are extremely important.
• You must be willing to work after normal working hours, if required.
• Shipping and deploying apps in the mobile app store, i.e., Google play and IOS app store.
• Expert knowledge of computer programming languages.
• Expert knowledge of computer system design methods and techniques.
• Experience of object-oriented programming (essential).
• Front-end development including jQuery (essential).
• Understanding of Ajax.
• Understanding of PHP.
• Experience of the full software development lifecycle: from requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery (essential).
• Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
• Expert knowledge of used operating systems (Mac OS essential).
• Expert knowledge of standard development tools (VS studio, Postman, XCode).
• Good knowledge of security and encryption.
• Good know of Software design principles.
• Excellent knowledge of software design patterns.
• Performs work of high difficulty in designing, writing, editing, modifying, and debugging computer programs
• Define functional specifications of the system for the appropriate hardware
• Analysis of system, data and processes.
• As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, expected to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our systems
• You will contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle, working closely with other developers’ part of the team.
Skills & abilities
Required Technology Stack:
• Database systems
• Version Control (GIT/SVN, GITHUB)
• IIS & LINUX experience
• Deep linking
• MS-SQL / MySQL
• Stores Publishing
• AJAX and PHP (Advantageous)
Customer Care Skills:
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Work under pressure and able to meet deadlines
• Excellent time management
• Quality orientated
• Display a sense of urgency
• Diplomatic & patient
• Problem solving skills
• Display initiative, maturity and a high degree of professionalism
• Liaise and build relationships with clients
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Detail focused and attention to quality
• Analytical mind
• Excellent numeracy and literary skills
• Fast thinker.
• Adhere to rules and processes.
• Teamwork and engagement.
• Able to earn respect of the team and give direction on payment process.
• Mondays – Friday - 08:00 - 16:30
• Break Times - 30 minutes lunch per day
PEOPLE DIMENSION believes that every successful Brand is shaped by Great People who deliver on the promise they make. PEOPLE DIMENSION is a Recruitment agency committed to seek greatness in the South African job market. Skills attraction is our passion and building trusted partnerships with both our clients and applicants our priority. PEOPLE DIMENSION prides us on providing a personalized and delivery-focused recruitment function across all industries. Our Services include both permanent and contract placements, in the following specialist areas; Information Technology Engineering Finance Office Support Insurance Marketing & Sales A clear understanding of our clients’ business and corporate culture is the starting point of every successful placement we make. Our extensive industry knowledge and more than 11 year presence within the recruitment industry, enables us to find and introduce South Africa’s top talent to our clients. We also believe in continuous follow up on the progress of the candidate we have placed as well as the level of both our client’s and candidate’s satisfaction with our service. PEOPLE DIMENSION adheres to the APSO Constitution and Code of Ethics and is therefore very serious in complying with the requirements of South Africa’s Labour legislation. We are also a Level 4 BEE Contributor. Integrity and Service excellence is our promise to you. We invite you to choose PEOPLE DIMENSION as your recruitment partner.
Key Performance Areas:
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link