Our Luxury Hotel in Camps Bay is seeking a Wellness Host to join our bespoke team. If you see yourself working in one of Cape Town's most luxurious locations then this position is for you!
The Wellness Host will be responsible for the effective and efficient running of the spa at all properties allocated to you. Managing and leading all team members reporting to you to provide the best service and treatments possible for all clients. Ensuring that the hygiene and health standards are maintained at all times. Treating all customers with the utmost care and professionalism to create an inviting and calm atmosphere. Do treatments on various customers that are of the highest quality so that they want to return for the quality of the treatment received. Continuously upskill yourself through practice and study. Upskills others through continuous on-the-job training and training sessions.
- Grade 12 or Equivalent
- Beauty Therapy Certificate/Somatology Diploma in Advantageous
- Industry-related experience
- Familiar with the duties and procedures within a Spa/Wellness Centre
- Computer Literate
- Basic knowledge regarding Opera and ESP systems is advantageous
- Interaction with Others
- Personal Effectiveness
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be familiar with the treatment protocol and spa-related products.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all treatments are up to standard.
- Maintain client records in a confidential and effective system
- Daily control of contribution sheets and signing off
- Treatments training and quality control
Upsell and Communication
- Carry out skin analysis and give advice about skin and body care
- Build and maintain client relationships, and communicate with clients on a regular basis to inform them about specials and anything else that might interest them.
- Upsell products and services, adopt a no-waste approach regarding products
- Therapists training and management, continually developing their skills and knowledge
- Setting an example for the staff and act as the liaison between managers and therapists
- Mentor all therapists/technicians and if required present feedback or reviews regarding performance.
Cleaning and Standards
- Perform facial or body massage and figure analysis and advise on exercise programs and nutrition
- Use a variety of treatments and equipment to treat individual skin and body conditions
- Advice on and apply makeup for clients
- Spa cleaning supervision
- Maintain a high standard of spa hygiene
- Prepping treatment rooms
- Refreshing treatment rooms
- Ensuring treatments performed by therapists as correct and the clients are completely satisfied
- Working alongside other therapists who are new or whose treatments are not up to standard
- Training to be performed at times outside of busy periods
- Ensuring all clean-up and housekeeping duties are being performed
- Keep up to date on trends and competition
- Be back-up for other therapists if required
- Meet with all new staff on their first day to spend time with them, communicate the spa vision, show them around, how to greet and talk to clients and how to describe each service to the clients
- Oversee treatment rooms with regards to products required and delegate to Junior Therapists
- Assist with Hotel Duties
- Assist with Garden Service
You will be expected to be available telephonically at all times and always have access to read and respond to your emails.
The duties as per the above should not be read in isolation but may change as the policies, procedures and operational requirements of the business evolve.
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to email@example.com
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 5 days – please consider your application unsuccessful**