TOP VACANCY ALERT
Our client, in the automotive industry, and based in Uitenhage is currently looking to employ an experienced and dynamic Senior Sales Engineer (strictly an EE appointment); who has a relevant commercial or technical qualification!
Purpose of the job:
To promote the company and obtain new business (local and export) in addition to ensuring on timeous delivery to customers in line with releases and orders. To further ensure the servicing General Sales of the market through subordinates. Maintain market intelligence with regard to the companies, customers, competitors and products.
Key Performance Areas:
- Visit customers on an ongoing basis to;
- Assist Product Development Department to obtain new business and to promote company products according to plan
- Coordinate the development of new business with Product Development in accordance with customer requirements
- Provide technical and service assistance to customers as required
- Promote company products and new developments to customers
- Follow-up and action budget quotations, and sample status reports, product development etc
- Ensure that customer requirements are met e.g. provide official quotations, samples etc
- Receive and prioritise customer requirements – liaise with relevant departments and Management to arrange deadlines, quality standards, production planning (MPS), build priorities etc.
- Follow-up and keep customers informed regarding any delays, new delivery dates etc
- Receive, investigate and process customer claims
- Monitor and analyse market trends
- Prepare sales forecast and compile O. E. Sales and General Sales budgets
- Assist with implementation of O. E. and General Sales Advertising and promotional matters in accordance with marketing plan
- Receive and coordinate the processing of O. E. Releases
- Ensure regular feedback to customers re-changes to releases, penalty costs, mode of transport, component shortages, etc.
- Conduct analyses of release data and advise management of build trends, which may affect production schedules
- Negotiate and process all obsolescence claims
- Maintenance of discipline and morale, allocation of duties, training and development of subordinates to ensure the highest degree of efficiency and personal growth
- Negotiate prices with customers
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned by Management from time to time
- A relevant commercial or technical qualification
- Five years relevant experience in the automotive manufacturing field a Tier 1 supplier to OEM’s
- Good communication, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- A high degree of integrity is also essential in view of the constant exposure to confidential information/material.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Ability to operate under pressure and frequent change