Our client based in Ugie is currently looking for an experienced Forester to join their progressive team.
- Diploma in Forestry, B-Tech qualification
- Minimum 3 years experience in forestry
The Forester will be responsible for:
- Ensure that al silvicultural work as indicated in the annual plan of operation in accordance with the annual budget is completed.
- Ensure that all silvicultural work is done with emphasis on quality and compliance with the silvicultural policy, planning and geographical practice.
- Managing of all conservation work.
- Managing supply and apply weeding program.
- To start phasing out, where possible, hoeing for fire breaks, rather using chemical hoeing, or spraying and burning dangerous areas at night.
- Ordering of seedlings for planning and blanking.
- Monitoring seedling survival by doing survival counts.
- Monitor any seedling disease, and report to his/her manager.
- Knowledge of modernised silviculture.
- Under canopy of burning of some compartments.
- Check daily overtime booked by teams and approve it.
- Ensure that all vehicle log sheet under control is completed daily.
- Keep to date with modern trends, innovations and practice in silviculture as well as tolls, herbicides and possible natural threats to the tree stock such insects, fungi, weeds.
- Attend silviculture meetings.
- Fire duty according to a fire duty roster