The successful applicant will work in close collaboration with other members of the Innovus technology transfer team and report to the Director: Technology Transfer. Prime responsibilities include:
- Networking within the SU academic and research community to create awareness regarding intellectual property, commercial opportunities and to stimulate an entrepreneurial and innovative culture.
- Evaluation of the commercial potential of intellectual property and development of strategies to action research projects to commercial maturity.
- Marketing of university IP and technology to possible investors/partners to participate in the further development thereof.
- Negotiating and closing of commercial deals
- Project management of a large number of diverse projects to maturity and potentially sustainable business entities.
- A postgraduate scientific degree or equivalent qualification (preferably in Life Sciences or Medicine and Health Science, or Chemical Engineering)
- Good knowledge of Intellectual Property right protection options
- Practical knowledge of commercialisation and investment networks
- Experience of working within a scientific environment
- Project management experience
- Good knowledge of technology transfer systems / processes preferably in a university environment
- Working knowledge of the Intellectual Property Rights for Publicly funded research Act 2008 of 2010
- Proven deal closing experience
- Proven business acumen
- Good organisational and IT skills
- Good communication and numeracy skills
- Willingness to travel locally and internationally
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport