SENIOR HR MANAGER (HR Generalist) – Stellenbosch, Cape Helderberg
Lucrative and Competitive Package on Offer!
Our client, an established and reputable Global Technical Consulting firm is in search of a seasoned HR specialist to join their dynamic and innovative team of professionals.
As a Member of the Executive Committee strategically and operationally lead, manage and support the businesses Human Resources processes in such a way that enables the business to achieve its strategic goals and vision.
Participate in or lead various committees: CSR, Ethics, Culture, REMCO, Skills Development, Employment Equity etc.
One would describe you as being a highly organised, positive, energetic, passionate, involved and purpose driven individual. You possesses strong business acumen with the ability to operate strategically at Executive level and simultaneously pro-actively engage people and teams.
Human Resources Management (Recruitment | Talent Management | Employee Relations)
- Identify staffing needs and additional skill requirements needed to fulfil short, medium- and long-term strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Design, implement and maintain talent acquisition, development and retention strategies and frameworks to ensure a sustainable talent pipeline supporting the current and future organisational requirements.
- Maintain company staff complement by establishing a recruiting, testing and interviewing program, counselling line managers on candidate selection, conducting and analysing exit interviews.
- Recruitment of suitable candidates as per the recruitment plan which is aligned to the culture of the company.
- Manage the recruitment plan and budget and update the line managers on the progress thereof.
- Keep the support staff up to date with the start and end dates of employees design.
- Manage and perform the induction of all new employees in such a way as to get them aligned to the strategic goals of the company as well as to get them productive as fast as possible.
- Coordinate and manage employee assistance program, providing support to our employees (Mental, Coaching, Personal, Financial, Career) with the management of their employees.
- Keep up to date with the activities and engagements of each department and their managers as to be able to provide assistance.
- Enable, coach and support line managers support where necessary.
- Dispute resolution.
- Manage the bursary and internship program and successful execution thereof.
- Conduct yearly climate survey.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Manage personnel administration function including storage of all personnel files and human resources related documentation.
- Develop, implement and appropriately maintain a remuneration policy for the business.
- Manage the Payroll of the company including medical aid and provident fund administration and related UIF, SDL, WCA etc.
- Administer the Electronic Self Service (leave) function and report on any leave anomalies.
- Manage and prepare increases for each individual as per the company remuneration policy through job evaluations and salary benchmarking.
- Constantly evaluate and design appropriate incentive / rewards schemes.
- Participate in annual remuneration surveys and provide benchmarking data for all jobs in the business.
- Develop HR and IR related policies (Remuneration, Remote work, Incentive etc.) and procedures aligned with industry best practices and labour legislation Oversee staff compliance with company policy and procedures and take corrective action where necessary.
- Design and manage the company disciplinary code.
- Provide assistance and guidance to line managers dealing with disciplinary problems.
- Co-ordinates the legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource policies and procedures related to labour legislation (BCEA, LRA, OHASA, EE, SDLA) as well as the reporting thereof.
- Provide support on handling of grievances.
- Assist line managers with the creation and storing of update job profiles for their staff.
- Create and manage the company’s ‘active performance management’ procedure and the implementation thereof.
- Provide assistance and support to line managers with the implementation of the performance management procedure where required.
- Share results and assist line managers to develop plans to address areas of important assistance
- Manage and promote regular team building activities for individual teams as a whole. (Smaller team building events and year end functions).
Learning and Development:
- Set and manage the learning and development plans and budgets for each department.
- Identify training needs of employees and assist in addressing those needs.
- Provide assistance to the line managers in creating personal development plans for their employees.
- Manage the administration and planning of company training focused on staff development.
- Co-ordinate the administration and compliance to SDA and timely reporting to SETA.
- Train and update employees on company policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance and promote the active development of the management and leadership skills.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Human Resources or related Degree
- 10+ Previous years’ experience in HR Management capacity (HR Generalist) inclusive of he Organisational Development and Talent Management of highly skilled individuals
- Experience gained within a Multi-National / Technical Consulting / Software Development / Engineering industry would be highly advantageous!
- Proven and solid Labour legislation knowledge
- Strong IT Systems skills (HR Management, Databases, Microsoft Office suite)
- HR Data Management and Analysis (internal and external)
- Excellent Training, Development, Coaching & Mentoring skills
- Solid Remuneration evaluation, structuring and incentive schemes experience
- Proven dispute resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal Communication skills in Afrikaans and English
To apply for the above vacancy, please email a detailed copy of your CV to Andrea Jones: email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org and Nicole Spamers: email@example.com
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and should you not hear from us within two weeks, then please consider your application unsuccessful.