Our client is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Supervisor to join their operational team on a permanent basis.
Purpose / Objective:
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is a hands-on operational position responsible to ensure products processes meet or exceed the quality standards required by our client’s customers.
In addition, this role is responsible to develop and validate all processes, ensure accurate and timely documentation and to provide leadership on quality assurance.
Key Job Duties:
- Quality Assurance.
- Responsible for the inbound / procured and outbound product entering the operation.
- Assist in setting quality standards and ensures production is maintained at such standards.
- Complete appropriate testing and obtains approvals prior to release.
- Review and create quality reports daily to create informed decisions regarding all open sales accounts.
- Review inbound product report.
- After a decision is made by sales or inventory planning, take immediate action.
- If the product fails, and a financial agreement cannot be reached between all parties involved QA Supervisor will set up a federal inspection appointment.
- Ensure all defects are noted and a packaging plan has been created after reviewing with inventory planning and the packhouse coordinators.
- Review report which shows defect percentage for each order shipping out the same day to create informed decisions.
- Advise Account Managers of any potential issues with their sales orders.
- Daily communication with the VP Logistics and Packhouse Operations, Grower, Shipping Supervisor, Procurement, and the Inventory Planning Specialists.
- Brainstorming and problem solving throughout the day.
- Create a report which allocates what product (SKU / Harvested date / quantity) will be packed for each finished good being packed, besides default packs.
- Review quality reports beforehand to ensure each customer gets product within specification.
- Inform sales of problems with pick to ensure all pick is packed to a SKU reflecting its quality.
- Create product movement report which is executed by distribution team.
- Ensure each order is being packed to customer specifications. If not / communicate with Packhouse Manager to brainstorm an appropriate solution.
- Advise Account Managers of any aging inventory no longer being used for orders.
- Advise of any foreseen quality issues that will change the outcome of an existing sales order.
- Facilitate the dumping product process and documentation. This includes communications with sales, operations, and inventory teams.
- Review the SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report and assess inventory and aging of product to help prioritize which product is pulled for each order and which will be postponed for another day. This report is pulled from AX and Priva.
- Regularly review product shelf life and quality to determine if any steps are to be taken for improvement. Departments informed include – Growers, Sales, Packing based on the issue found.
- Assist with the product inquiries, returns, withdraw, and recalls.
- Ensure all Food Safety and Worksite Safety requirements are implemented and adhered to.
Skills / Knowledge:
- High School Diploma.
- Experience in the Food Industry.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance in the fresh vegetable industry.
- Full understanding of specifications for tomatoes / cucumbers and peppers in the industry.
- English (Spanish will be an advantage).
- Good understanding of Food Safety Principles.
Area: Stellenbosch area.
Starting date: 20 May 2021 / 1 June 2021
Salary: Market related.
Please apply online for this position if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.