To develop and implement Learning and Talent Development strategies and initiatives within the organisation to ensure optimal organisational performance and sustainability.
Key Performance Areas include:
Leaning and Development:
• Develop and implement the Talent Management strategy to strengthen functional and management capability across organisation
• Identify learning requirements through a credible learning needs analysis process and compile an organisational learning plan
• Provide guidance regarding learning and development practices, policies and procedures to managers and employees
• Develop, maintain and produce learning and development status reports and statistical information
• Ensure integration of learning and development initiatives to talent management (e.g. competency model, performance management, succession planning and career management)
• Evaluate and monitor the development and effectiveness of learning and development initiatives.
• Ensure compliance with the skill development related legislation and regulations, including fulfilling SDF functions
• Continuously benchmark and align organisational learning strategy to best practice, including digitilisation and readiness for the fourth industrial revolution.
• Develop and maintain talent development strategies and initiatives that drive effectiveness and efficiency in the FIC
• Provides talent development support to HR and business leadership
• Partners with HRBP in building capabilities for driving the implementation of a high-performance culture
• Leads the talent management process and collaborate with the HRBP and Divisional management on implementation of development and succession plans
• Oversee talent reviews and implementation of action plans and retention strategies in order to effectively build a talent pipeline for leadership and critical positions
• Offering Talent Management advisory and implementation services to line managers and HR Business Partners to ensure the integration of best practice methods to relevant talent solutions
• Continually assessing the competitiveness of all talent programs and practices against comparable entities and sectors.
• Implement systems to evaluate effectiveness of learning interventions
• Manage the Learning and Talent Development team
• Coaches and performance manage the team
• Manages the development of the team
• Perform other duties as may be assigned or may be necessary to enable the effectiveness of the Talent Management strategy
How big is the team?
Three employees include this role in the L&D space. A total of nine employees in HR
Does the role have any direct reports?
• Grade 12
• Bachelor’s (Honours) degree in Industrial Psychology or equivalent
Skills and Knowledge required:
• Legislative Framework (SAQA requirements, Skills development statutory requirements) knowledge
• Root Cause /Need Analysis skills
• Research skills
• Solution Design skills
• Presentation skills
• Project management skills (Intermediate)
• Coaching skills
• Facilitation skills
• Organisational Effectiveness
• Writing skills
• Presentation skills
• Reporting skills
• 7 - 10 years’ experience in L&D, Talent Development or OD
• Minimum 3 years leading an L&D, Talent Development or OD function
• Experience in designing talent and development solutions
• Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to work effectively with senior stakeholders
• Proven track record of delivering results on time and on budget
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Agile and comfortable with change – a can-do attitude
• Strong team player who can adapt quickly to changing requirements
• Demonstrated excellence in verbal, written and interpersonal communications, and proven effective instructor and facilitator
• Demonstrated ability to, collaborate, influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
• Experience in developing e-learning and development of blended learning solutions
• Ability to successfully manage multiple project simultaneously
• Self-driven, energetic, creative and strong ability to prioritise.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.