Within The Company, a new Business Unit has been established to accelerate the use of data in improving customer experience and business operations. The unit has been set up to work in an agile way, with centres of excellence as well as product focused teams. We have a number of roles for Data Scientist and Data Analysts within each product team as well as within the centres of excellence.
In this role you will be involved in creating opportunities that delight our customers by leveraging The Company’s vast operational data. Using this data with predictive modelling you will have a direct impact on strategic initiatives to be truly customer centric.
Joining a new business unit that is highly entrepreneurial you will be expected to deal with a high level of ambiguity and building to ensure that we are able to achieve our vision. We are focused on becoming a high performance organisation that attracts the finest talent to make a difference to our customers.
The Business Unit is set to determine how data can be used for strategic advantage to leverage growth priorities of The Company Group’s new retail capabilities, split across teams covering personalisation at scale, insights and data monetisation, data-led precisions retail, Media, digital commerce, internal merchandising optimisation and customer innovation.
- Retail Media - monetise The Company’s omni-channel media assets
- Insights & Data Monetisation - harness big data and advanced analytics to supercharge the Core & drive new revenue from customer insights
- Rewards & Personalization - Deliver personalised customer experiences and one-to-one offers at scale
- Digital Commerce - Enable world-class shopping on digital channels
- Customer Innovation - Develop customer transformation strategy and future value opportunities.
Data Analyst Purpose
Data Analyst interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve a business. Working with business stakeholders to identify the business requirements and opportunities. Models and frames business scenarios to solve analytical problems, and performs experimental design approaches to validate findings or test hypotheses.
Presents and depicts the rationale of their findings in easy to understand terms for business. Provides business metrics to show improvements as well as ongoing tracking and monitoring of performance.
- Team Integration: Interface between business specialists and development teams. Drive continuous improvement within team and workshop solutions to existing processes and challenges.
- Solution Development: Data administration and analysis to ensure the quality and thoroughness of data. Write business requirements/modifications to transform data into common formats. Write business requirements/modifications to create common reports and graphical formats. Prepare, publish, and provide commentary for standing reports and dashboards on time against daily, weekly, monthly and annual deadlines. Evaluate/investigate the quality/integrity/trend of data based on historical trends and industry norms. Communicate/Conceptualize and interpret the data status and issues to internal teams. Working with business counterparts on operational readiness activities to ensure that necessary training and procedure updates have occurred. Adhere to internal documentation, processes, protocols, and standards.
- Service Delivery: Support solutions by responding to complex user queries escalated from support teams, investigating issues and managing the internal resolution thereof. Ensure stability of the existing systems environment by implementing solutions that do not compromise operational stability. Participate in post-implementation reviews of development.
- Talent Development: Provide system input to design of user training material. Play a key role in coaching and mentoring colleagues.
Qualifications Bachelors / Honours / Masters or PhD Degree in Data
Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, economics, Information Systems, Statistics or Mathematics or related field
Experience Business Analysis or Data Analysis or Business Intelligence Project Management, Retail Experience ( as an additional - beneficial) Experience in the following:
- Assortment optimisation
- Customer driven marketing
- Supply chain analytics
- Marketing mix modelling
- Price optimisation
- Product recommendation
- Fraud detection
- Workforce analytics
Skills / Technologies Report creation, modelling and trend forecasting
Large volumes of different types of customer data being sourced from several source systems eg, but not limited to – Transactional POS data, payment / tender type data, customer profile data, customer segmentation data, store data, stock data, promotions data, interactions data, channel data
- AWS cloud computing based Python / Pyspark solution (beneficial)
- Google suite (beneficial)
- Retail experience (beneficial)
- Zeppelin notebooks (beneficial)
- Tableau (beneficial)
- Alteryx (beneficial)
● Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Presenting and communicating information; speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals
- Coping with pressure and setbacks; maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurised environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives. Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities.
- Applying expertise and technology; applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.