Our client, a company in the renewable energy industry, is looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join their team in the Claremont area (Cape Town).
Our client develops, owns, and operates renewable energy projects across sub–Saharan Africa. Our client also has operational hydropower plants in various areas.
Requirements and Experience:
- Qualifications required: BEng / BTech Degree or MEng Degree.
- Experience required:
- 2 to 5 years’ experience – if you have a BEng / BTech qualification.
- 0 to 2 years’ experience – if you have a MEng qualification.
- A technical background is essential, preferably with exposure to / interest in the renewable sector.
- The position entails responsibilities across several functional fields.
- The candidate must work well within a team context, be self-motivated, and driven to execute.
- The position will be focused on the operations and maintenance of existing plants with some additional exposure to new project development.
The person will support / be responsible for the following:
- Operations and maintenance:
- Technical support (including management support and procurement).
- Design and design evaluation.
- Shutdown support and troubleshooting.
- Technical compliance interface (i.e., Eskom System Operator (RETEC), grid code compliance etc.).
- Project management.
- Asset management:
- Database management.
- Assist with enterprise asset management setup and information preparation.
- Data analysis / root cause identification.
- Technical compliance.
- Communication (Utility, Offtaker, Department of Energy, Regulator).
- Generation forecasting and verification.
- Carbon credit verification.
- Support in claims preparation.
- Management of service providers.
- Support in site identification and evaluation (including site work).
- Support in technical evaluation of project concepts.
- Support in reporting.
- Interfacing with original equipment manufacturers, consultants, service provider.
Locality: The position is in Cape Town with frequent travel to Bethlehem.
Travel: Typically, 1 week per month.
Market related salary offered.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks' time, please consider your application as unsuccessful.