Key Performance Areas:
• Translate business needs to technical specifications,
• Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools),
• Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. MicroStrategy),
• Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes),
• Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting,
• Evaluate and improve existing BI systems,
• Collaborate with teams to integrate systems,
• Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses,
• Create visualizations and reports for requested projects,
• Develop and update technical documentation,
• Maintenance of Power Bi Reports and development of new Power Bi reports as required,
• Data modelling for Power Bi Reporting,
• Train Client resources on Power BI,
• Make sure that new power BI Reports data is correct according to specifications,
• Create Test Cases for Power BI Reports.
• Deliver required project inputs according to time, quality, and budget requirements,
• Ensure progress is accurately communicated and expectations of various stakeholders are
• Oversee Company Power BI capability; be the go-to person, train colleagues and with time become the Power BI administrator,
• Proactively integrate new technologies for more advanced analytics including and not limited to PowerFlow, PowerApps and Machine Learning,
• Provide Power BI desktop and cloud platform, gateways and administration support and expertise,
• Provide good DAX, data modelling and basic M (Power Query Editor) capability,
• Produce and enhance reports and dashboards,
• Provide technical input and effective data analysis to projects to support the achievement of deliverables to time and budget.
Data handling and processing:
• Efficiently handle large sets of data and be able to confidently process them into required
• Actively participate in our culture of continuous development and innovation by contributing
ideas for new feature and functionality
• Participate in the quality system and effectively apply the company’s procedures, policies and
• Oversee/Quality Check Data Migration routines, reviewing outputs against quality standards
and continually looking for process improvement.
• Computer Science Degree/National Diploma in Information Technology, or related field,
• 5 years proven experience as a Microsoft Power BI Developer,
• Experience in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modelling) and data mining,
• Research Industry experience is preferred,
• In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing
(OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework,
• Familiarity with Business Intelligence technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI),
• Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),
• Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative,
• Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link