My Client in Uganda a Safari Lodge Operator is recruiting for a Suitably qualified Maintenance Manager with previous experience as a Maintenance manager in hospitality operations such as Safari Lodges , Resorts and Hotels.
- Salary : US$ 2500 - $2800.00 Net Negotiable
- Single status Accommodation
- Meals on duty
- Medical Insurance
- National Security Fund
- Cost of all visa and work permits
- Annual Leave
- Return flights annually to point of origin
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Management and maintenance experience are essential.
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field
- Multi skilled with experienced.
- Computer literacy – proficient Microsoft excel or Google sheets
- Experience of working in remote locations and the ability to troubleshoot problem
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A willingness to get their hands dirty”
- Ability to create a maintenance schedule
- Knowledge of building structure and grounds to be maintained
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures, preventative planning, record keeping,
- Proven experience at project management and reporting.
- Event set up and take down
- Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of systems to be maintained (e.g. Electrical, plumbing, roofing, pool, HVAC, laundry equipment, kitchen equipment,)
- Knowledge and experience of basic construction and building methodologies.
- Knowledge of water and ETPs.
- Knowledge of running, maintain and repairing generator power plants between 250kVa and 500kVa.
- Knowledge of Solar power and hot water systems would be advantageous
- Knowledge of fleet management and maintenance essential – (experience with 4x4 vehicles is advantageous)
- Knowledge of small boat operations, 2 and 4 stroke outboard motors is advantageous
- Good health and physical condition. Ability to lift heavy loads, good physical agility and manual dexterity.
- Willingness to work outdoors under field conditions.
- Ability to train departmental staff.
- Live on site in a remote location.
Broad Outline of Maintenance Manager Job Duties:
- Lead the maintenance team on the property to improve and maintain all company assets.
- Liaise and work with property management team
- Coordinate maintenance worker efforts to make sure employer property like buildings, grounds, fleet, operating equipment, plant and machinery.
- Identify areas for improvement and prepare budgets and action improvements
- Develop and implement maintenance schedules, with appropriate SOP’s and monitoring programs.
- Respond to emergency calls for maintenance
- Manage the set up and take down of different events
- Fleet management and maintenance of small vehicles and outboard engines)
- Perform troubleshooting to solve minor repair issues or identify problems where external expertise is required.
- Communicate plans for upper level improvements to maintenance worker staff and training of all departmental staff
- Contact and schedule repairmen and extra help as needed
- Perform administrative tasks as required
- Manage tasks to meet maintenance schedule and satisfy employer and guest needs
- Statutory compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Maintenance staff skills development and training