My Client and Exclusive Game Lodge in The Waterberg , Limpopo is Seeking management couple or life partners to fill the positions of Reserve Manager and Lodge Manager for this 5-star Lodge.
The ± 1750 ha lodge is situated within the Waterberg Biosphere Reserve and is aimed at small (up to 12) groups of international and local guests who want exclusivity and luxury. It provides deluxe accommodation, emphasises a full-board, high-end culinary experience and offers a range of outdoor activities, in addition to game drives. The lodge is situated 4 hours drive north of Johannesburg
Background and Remuneration
The position ideally suited for an experienced and vibrant couple, who have the drive and passion to move beyond an employee mindset and who want the opportunity of helping to build a business and share in its success. Remuneration will be a structured market-related package, including accommodation and uniforms and will include a meaningful profit share.
Preference will be given to South African citizens/permanent residents who are available at short notice, who do not have pets or children and who are fluent in English and at least one other language.
- A post-matric qualification in Wildlife Management and/or Field Guiding (at least FGASA level 2)
- At least 3-years’ experience in Field or Trail guiding, with some experience of Game Ranch management
- DEAT-registered Tour Guide
- A valid First-aid Certificate
- Experience (hands-on or supervisory) in the maintenance of vehicles, roads, electrified fences, boreholes and general Lodge upkeep
- Inter-personal skills – ability to mix with and relate to clients of all nationalities, backgrounds and age groups.
- Knowledge and experience of Game Ranch management, including supplementary feed and parasite control of animals; and veld management.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the activities offered by the lodge. (Fishing; Clay-pigeon and long-range shooting; Mountain and Trail Biking; Tracking lessons; etc.)
- A self-starter, self-sufficient, with the ability to delegate and multi-task.
- An ambitious, intelligent, independent thinker – eager to learn but with a willingness to teach as well.
- A motivational leader with the ability to build effective, high-performing teams.
- Healthy, physically fit.
- With a passion for the outdoors, wildlife and nature.
- Post-matric qualification in Hospitality Management/Hotel Management and/or a Culinary Science or related qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience of the day-to-day management of all the aspects of a safari lodge.
- Supervising, training and motivating staff.
- Having existing relationships with relevant agents in the Safari Lodge Industry.
- Computer literate, with knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook. A working knowledge of the Nightsbridge Guest booking software package would be advantageous.
- Housekeeping, laundry, shift management supervisory experience.
- Experience in the management of reservation related duties.
- Skills in the use of Social Media or willingness to learn.
- General admin skills, including budget control, payments and record keeping.
- Food & Beverage management experience (Menu planning, logistics, stock control)
- Hands-on (preferable) or supervisory experience of providing a high-end Culinary experience.
- Knowledge of fruit, vegetable and herb gardens
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think laterally/show initiative.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to communicate with and relate to guests and staff
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ambitious, intelligent, self-starter but also a team player.