My Client a well-known Safari & Hospitality Company in Tanzania is urgently recruiting for a Group Financial Manager / Business Analysist with proven experience in the Hospitality Industry / Large Hotel chains - to head up and oversee all financial matters of a number of 5 star Safari Lodges and Camps in Tanzania. The successful candidate in this position will lead Regional Office / Accounting personnel as well as assisting the group MD and other Directors . The successful incumbent will be CA qualified with good experience.
This is a Single status role
- Very Competitive Salary paid in US$
- Med Insurance
- NSSF - social security
- Cost of all visas and work permits - covered by company.
- Annual Leave
- Return flights to point of origin / concurrent with annual leave.
- Must be CA qualified / or similar
- Background experience in the Hospitality / Travel & Tourism Industry
- Must have suitable Accounting qualifications Accounting / Bookkeeping diploma / Degree - Essential requirement to obtain Visa and work permits.
- Experience in a financial / business analyst environment - Hospitality- Hotels , Lodges and Resorts - preferably
- Min 5- 10 Years as a Financial Manager/ Accountant / Bookkeeper in a Hotel , Lodge or Resort environment
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Experience with Stock Control, Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Credit Control essential
- Excellent computer literacy
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage subordinates.
- Manage and set up (if need arises) financial policies, procedures and systems for the Lodges / Camps whilst operating conservatively and ethically.
- Organize and update financial records as needed (digital and physical)
- Analyze transactions and prepare reports.
- Perform regular, detailed audits to ensure accuracy in financial documents, expenditures and investments.
- Forecast revenue and analyze profit margins.
- Oversee ledger reconciliation and manage accounts payable/receivable.
- Participate in budgeting processes.
- Brief senior managers regularly on the company’s financial status
- Liaise with Tax Accountants to track tax payments and returns.
- Monitor bookkeeping activities regularly.
- Keep company financial information confidential.
- Establish accounting policies and procedures.
- Stay informed on Hospitality industry developments and changes in regulations.
- Ensure that all revenues and expenditure are timeously accounted for.
- Ensure that all settlements are timeously received and recorded.
- Produce specified monthly financial reports in the format required by The Hospitality Management Company
- Maintain the Trial Balance and prepare and manage the Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Oversee the Various Units Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, including the Guest Ledger.
- Maintain all Capex expenditure, system and reports.
- Ensure that all statutory monthly and annual returns are completed and returned timeously to the relevant local authorities and government departments.
- Sign payments in conjunction with the General Managers and Group MD for the types of expenditure
Assessment of Performance:
- The timorousness and accuracy of financial statements delivered to Head Office.
- Well maintained Debtors and Creditors Age
- The timorousness and accuracy of Balance Sheet reconciliations