Our client, a leading berry farming organisation, is looking for an experienced, self-motivated and target driven Farm Operations / Project Manager to start working as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management and development of an exciting new project for soft fruit in Namibia.
- Project management, operational and technical support.
- Total management of operations and development according to company standards and procedures.
- Keep all development action within the budget.
- Strategic direction and management.
- Financial management, reports, and budgets.
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring of the overall development process.
- Staff management and development.
- Labour planning.
- Compliance management.
- Provide support to cross functional teams in developing business plans, budgets, and pricing structures.
- Ensure a high quality is kept on development.
- Sound leadership and direction and ensuring quality product output, accuracy and consistency in processes and documentation.
- Building and implementing best practice policies and principles.
- Ensuring high standards of health and safety practices.
- Ensuring compliance to all necessary industry quality assurance standards.
- Report to producers and group management team.
- Liaise with contractors on a daily and weekly basis.
- Manage contractors to keep with timelines set out.
- Ensure a high level of technical know how is maintained on all production practices.
Requirements / Skills:
- Agricultural qualification or Engineering qualification will be advantageous.
- 3 to 5 Years’ working experience in a similar role (as Farm Manager, Farm Operations Manager or Project Manager).
- Previous project management and irrigation experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge and technical skills required.
- Operational experience and blueberry farming experience.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must have good numerical and planning skills.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets and deadlines.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends.
- Must be able to function well under pressure and in a fast-moving environment.
- Attention to detail.
Area: Namibia (Northern Namibia).
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Remuneration: Package offered of R700 000 CTC per year.
Please apply online for this position if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.