A popular restaurant situated in Doha, Qatar is in search of an EXECUTIVE CHEF. The food, the espresso bar and the non-spirited cocktail menu create a true fine dining experience, but in a very relaxed and casual setting with breathtaking views overlooking the Arabian Gulf.
- Take accountability for the overall success of the daily kitchen operations.
- Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff.
- Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility.
- Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
- Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports.
- Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas (main Kitchen and pastry kitchen) and all support areas (e.g. pot wash area and purchasing).
- High school diploma / GED or a 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts
- 3-5 years working experience in high-end stand-alone restaurants or Michelin* experience would be preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to train and develop staff
- Sound financial acumen to calculate and control food cost and operating expenses and wastage for the kitchen
- Implement and uphold all safety and hygiene standards
- Clean criminal and credit record
- Valid passport
Remuneration: QAR 18,000 to QAR 22,000 depending on experience. This includes the full package, including allowances.