We invite you to apply for this role via the following link, so that the Recruitment process can start:
Purpose of the job:
- Planet Fitness is looking to employee a new Club General Manager (CGM) for one of our world class gym facilities.
- The purpose of this role is to take a hands-on approach and drive a culture of high performance and high engagement within our clubs.
- The CGM will be reporting into a Regional Operations Manager and will form an integral part of the talented team of club general managers and fitness professionals that are already operating within this highly entrepreneurial environment.
- You will be required to manage your team within your own club and you will be expected to forge close working relationships with other Gym Managers within your region by sharing best practice and leveraging one another’s expertise accordingly.
Key Performance Areas include:
- Driving the performance of your club by investing time in getting into the detail behind your club’s results
- Striving for continuous improvement across your club with clear plans in place at all times to deliver a strong financial and operational performance
- Focusing on high service and standards to deliver a best in class member experience in your club at all times
- Exceptional leadership qualities, with strong commercial and management skills, to maximize overall profitability of the club
- Deliver on brand values to understand the operations of your club and promote all products and services to maximize profit & control expenses
- Recruit, develop and performance manage a high performing team to deliver high standards in all areas of the business
- Aim to exceed new membership sales and revenue targets through management and support of the sales team
- Operate your club within agreed expenditure budget with focus on payroll costs, operating expenses and stock control
- Manage all licenses within club and ensure compliance to license agreements
- Ensure adherence to cash handling processes
- Adhere to health and safety standards to all areas of the club at all times
- Provide adequate health and safety cover for operational areas (first aid, pool lifesaving & manager on duty)
- Ensure all areas of the club are well presented and maintain high standard of cleanliness
- Manage operational breakdowns and service issues effectively and efficiently
- Resolve and respond to member comments and queries promptly
Experience & Competencies Required:
- A true passion for the health and fitness industry
- Possess a strong track record of people development
- A strategic and commercial growth mindset
- You must have a flair for developing high performing teams and will be able to balance strong people skills whilst positively impacting commercial results of your facility
- You will act as an agent for change, positively bringing out the best in others and will demonstrate a highly flexible style and approach
- Tenacity, high integrity and accountability with a desire to do the right thing to a high standard are a must
- Able to work at peak times (including evenings and weekends) essential
- Have reliable transport
** Please note that if you have not heard from the HR department within 14 days, consider your application unsuccessful.