The future of work is consulting. And as a management consulting company with 20 years’ experience in data and digital solutions, Datonomy is perfectly placed to catapult you onto the career path of your dreams. Our projects cover the full spectrum of data, therefore we can offer you access to the most interesting, innovative, and ground-breaking work currently being done.
Our goal is to positively impact One Billion People by 2030 – and we can only achieve this if our clients and our people collaborate on projects and solutions that will change the world.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE BUSINESS ANALYST
IT Business Intelligence
INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Gather, understand, analyse, evaluate and document Business Users’ BI requirements and then translate these requirements into BI technical solutions that adhere to BI best practices. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
• Understand , analyse , evaluate and document BI requirements from business, including
o Analytical processes and the KPIs/measures related to these processes.
o Functional design of BI solution (reports and dashboards).
• Document and refine BI technical requirements w.r.t.
o Data modelling requirements (reporting and business dimensions).
o Source-to-target mappings.
• Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
• Work closely with the BI Data Architect(s) and Data Modeller(s) to design and implement BI solutions.
• Performs functional testing and data validation of reports and other BI deliverables before presenting to Business Users.
• Assist business during user acceptance testing.
• Provide input for BI user training.
• Provide assistance to business during BI implementations.
• Provide input to Data Governance and BI Quality Assurance initiatives.
• Remain current with BI industry trends, particularly around BI tools and technologies.
• Establish effective and collaborative partnerships with other BI teams and relevant IT teams (Business Process Analysts, BI source systems).
• High attention to detail coupled with high accuracy.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Possess analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
• Delivery and solution focused.
• Results driven.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and methodologies.
• Knowledge of BI and Data Warehouse environments and best practices.
• Good general understanding of the retail industry and business processes.
• Able to work within the framework of the BI methodology.
• Relevant 3 year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification
• Business-related qualification, FTI or similar BA qualification will be advantageous
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Business Analysis related role and a minimum of 3 years’ experience a BI Business Analyst role.
• BI Business Analysis, data design and systems analysis experience in a BI environment
• Experience in Financial DWH implementations
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.