Min Qualification required
- Management experience - minimum of 3 years; fast food industry will be an advantage
- Must be able to work shifts, public holidays and weekends due to the nature of the industry
- Reliable, honest and hardworking and MUST have contactable references
- Clear criminal record
- Must be contactable 24/7 by means of a reliable cell phone
- Own transport will be an advantage with a valid driver’s license
- No criminal record
The RGM will lead and support a team of about 45 employees in a single restaurants depending on the size and functionality of the restaurant A team consists of 1 Restaurant Manager, 3 – 5 Shift Supervisors and between 15 – 35 Team Members.
Manage a QSR (Quick Service Restaurant) through effective leadership. To achieve employee P & L, customer, profit, and sales targets and maintain restaurant operational excellence in accordance with Company policies and procedures through team management.
The RGM plays a pivotal role for his/her restaurant performance which is measured by the restaurant balance scorecard. As QSR market leader, the brand and local standards together with food safety are critical components entrusted to a RGM for 100% operational compliance. Continuous liaising with his/her Area Manager, plays a critical role in monitoring and achieving targets.
Achieve Set standards within the restaurant by ensuring that all employees are focused on exceeding customer expectations for Cleanliness, Hospitality, Accuracy, Maintenance, Product and Speed of Service.
- Manage shifts in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures including directing the activities of employees in maximising sales, operating efficiency and profitability.
- Forecast and schedule labour by shift and create a deployment plan to control labour costs and still meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure that controls and procedures are implemented to protect the safety and security of employees, customers, property, and company funds.
- Implement restaurant training programmes for all staff to enable them to maximise performance and realise their career potential.
- Support and demonstrate Brand Cultures acting as a role model and providing leadership, as necessary.
- Manage cost controls in accordance with company policy and procedures, directing the activities of employees in meeting targets placed on controllable, maximizing sales, operating efficiency and profitability.
- Ensure that the training and development of employees is to company standards, and initiate action where necessary to ensure that all employees meet the standards of performance required.
- Achieve consistent results through team management.
- Demonstrate belief in people by treating each person in the restaurant fairly and with respect
- Recognise individuals frequently using CHAMPS and encourages them to recognize each other.
- Coach and support Team Members and ensure that they are fully trained and on job training is effective.
- Use Team Member feedback, such as Voice of Champions, to improve restaurant performance.
- Demonstrate teamwork by helping Team Members and management with their work, cross training them, effectively resolving their concerns and holding regular team meetings
- Hire, develops and promotes restaurant staff in consultation with AC and/or the Restaurant Support Centre
- Drive Bench Planning (including, where relevant, succession planning) and maintain appropriate staffing levels to meet business needs.
- Administer progressive discipline as needed, ensures compliance with all statutory regulations and in-house Company policies and procedures.
- Encourage positive team work
- Ensure that all staff receives a comprehensive induction, including training on safety aspects.
- Ensure that Team Member turnover and stability targets are achieved through a focused employee relation strategy
- Ensure that team members feel safe at work
- Ensure that team members understand and know what is expected of them
- Ensure that team members have the right and enough uniform
- Drives CUSTOMER MANIA by role modelling and teaching Team Members to achieve 100% compliance audits
- Removes barriers preventing Team Members and restaurant management team from delivering CUSTOMER MANIA
- Demonstrate leadership by handling customer concerns on the spot and by helping Team Members resolve customer concerns.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency that ensures customer satisfaction
- Achieve required standards by ensuring that all employees are focused on exceeding customer expectations for cleanliness, hospitality, accuracy, maintenance, product and speed of service.
- Handle customer complaints effectively with the intention to ensure returned business and further exceeding customer expectations
Profits & Sales
- Use BSC (balance score card), P & L and appropriate reports to analyse the business and establish tactics for improvement.
- Effectively communicate profitability goals and BSC results to the restaurant team
- Ensure that the cash handling and restaurant banking procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that all restaurant resources such as labour, products, supplies and equipment are at correct levels to minimize additional costs to meet varying volumes of business
- Maximize restaurant profit performance by monitoring cost of sales, labor costs, controllable expenses to ensure that they are in line with targets set
- Investigate deviations regarding costs and expenses and devise an action plan to rectify
- Ensure that the correct levels of supplies are ordered, deliveries are checked and stock levels are monitored.
- Conduct Periodic Business Reviews (Monthly/Quarterly)