The Production Manager’s primary function is to manage employees and various operations within the relevant Division.
His tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage daily operations activities of the operations department and ensure that production targets are met without compromising quality standards.
- Stock taking - Planning and expediting.
- Disciplinary action and daily management of staff.
- Ensure that deadlines and targets are met as per operational requirements.
- Ensure that Operations departments have sufficient staff and perform their functions effectively and efficiently at all times.
- Plant and equipment are maintained as per the maintenance schedule.
- Ensures that tasks are delegated to the different staff members within the department.
- Ensure that employees are properly trained and licensed for the machinery/equipment that they operate.
- Operations department hold weekly toolbox talks in order to discuss health and safety issues, keep a record of each toolbox talk held.
- Ensure that all production staff members wear the correct and required PPE at all times.
- Develop and implement improved production and operating systems and procedures.
- Ensure that Health and Safety regulations are followed.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a managerial or supervisory position.
- A minimum of at least 5 years’ experience in a production industry.
- Computer literate - full Microsoft suite.
- Valid Code 08 license.
- Knowledge of production planning and goal setting.
- Good knowledge of H&S regulations.
- Supervisory, organisational, communication, customer relations and planning skills.
- Flexible and willing to work overtime.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Able to liaise professionally with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Hard-working and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Display a professional work approach.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to motivate team.
- Logical and detail orientated methodologies.
- Excellent standards in execution.
- Good communication skills.
We regret that it is not possible to contact all unsuccessful applicants. Applicants who have not been contacted within fourteen days from the date of their submission should consider their application unsuccessful.