As the Culinary Host you are to deliver excellent guest services through the management of guest satisfaction and setting department targets and objectives.
QUALIFICATION: Grade 12/Matric Certificate essential. Tertiary Qualification in Hospitality Management not essential but preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the same or similar position
Level 2 minimum Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook in particular)
Familiar with MICROS system
- Displays exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Setting and implementing performance standards that will ensure absolute guest satisfaction.
- Maintain the Management of the staff reporting to the Host Manager with regards to Performance Management, Discipline, Coaching and Development.
- Ensure the efficient and productive running of the Guest Relations, Front of House and Kitchen Departments
- Ensure effective communication amongst the departments in the Food and Beverage Division as well as between other Departments in the Property.
- Ensure that all information cascaded down from Groups Support Services is cascaded down to all the employees reporting to you.
- Exceptional knowledge of the property including all room types, conference facilities, tourism attractions, the history of the property and availability (current and future)
- Deals with any guest complaints within the department.
- Ensures that VIP guests are greeted appropriately and that the stay of all guests are as per the set standards.
- Be familiar with guest staying at the hotel.
- Inform guests of current specials.
- Upsell F&B, accommodation and tourism services.
- Perform regular walkabouts of the property to ensure that all areas are up to set standards.
- Ensure that back-of-house and front-of-house areas are of the same standard.
- Manage roster policy according to operational requirements.
- Achieve your targeted beverage cost.
- Achieve your target food cost.
- Clean kitchens and restaurants / bars
- Ensure stock control system is in place.
- Conduct audits as requested and implement property-specific strategies to ensure quality of operations.
- Ensures property specific legislative compliance.
- Evaluate public guest opinions through online portals such as Trip Advisor.
- Investigate all guest complaints for the department.
- Initiate programs, policies and procedure to mitigate the possibility of further complaints and with the focus on continuous improvement.
- Holding regular meetings with the Financial Manager, Host Manager to ensure adherence to the property budget.
- Ensure that Purchase Order procedures are followed – quote, authorisation, delivery, and payment.
- Ensure that the Package Potentials and Headcounts within your Division are always within optimal levels to ensure maximum productivity within the budget.
- Reviewing of monthly income statements.
- Staff recruitment and to ensure that the correct Recruitment Process is followed for all new recruits within the property.
- To hold regular on-the-job training and coaching sessions to ensure that staff perform their duties effectively and efficiently.
- Conduct probationary and performance reviews timeously.
- Accurately complete HR Status forms and submit them before the deadline.
- Ensure that the dress code procedures for the property is in place.
You will be expected to be always available telephonically and always have access to read and respond to your emails.