Our client is seeking to employ a Design Engineer (BIW Fixtures) to join the Mechanical Design team.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Diploma is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Fixture and Tooling Design
- Solidworks experience is required
- Proficient in 3D CAD modelling – specifically Solidworks
- Good Understanding of the Fixture and Tooling Production Process.
- Good Understanding of Tolerancing and References.
- Conceptualize and design Body in White Fixtures (BIW).
- Conceptualize and design robotic welding and assembly cell layouts.
- Conceptualize and design end of arm tooling and geo-fixtures.
- Specification of electro-mechanical and pneumatic control systems.
- Specification of required system components.
- Develop manufacturing drawings and BOM’s in accordance with applicable company standards using Solidworks.
- Interface with Customers, Vendors, Production Managers and Procurement to find optimal solutions.
- Read and interpret, technical drawings and schematics.
- Work to company CAD and PDM standards.
- Detailed designs must be done to applicable ISO, SABS and Customer Standards