A company situated in Pretoria East is seeking to employ a Web Developer with a minimum of three years experience to become part of their innovative and energetic team.
Experience and Qualifications
Minimum education (essential):
Certificate in relevant Web Development or Graphic Design
Minimum education (desirable):
Diploma in relevant Web Development or Graphic Design
Minimum applicable experience (years):
3+ years working experience
Required nature of experience:
- Use sound development practices to build a solid product while iterating quickly.
Skills and Knowledge (essential):
- Have an excellent sense of design sense and attention to detail.
Skills and Knowledge (desirable):
Key Performance Areas
Analysis and Planning 15%
- Multitask on a range of products and tasks simultaneously, defining priorities and ensuring efficiency.
- Define and communicate problem, goal and acceptance criteria.
- Communicate and collaborate with development, business analyst and design teams to solve problems, make recommendations and discuss best programming practices.
- Work with stakeholders to achieve appropriate solutions.
- Conduct research on possible solutions and techniques.
- Analyse systems for root cause, impact, workarounds and permanent fixes.
- Determine and account for dependencies among deliverables, products and systems.
- Accurately estimate duration of deliverables.
- Identify and mitigate risks.
- Document analysis and planning process.
- Communicate effectively with line manager on progress, priorities and workload.
- Follow project plan to develop software.
- Meet deadlines and timelines as determined in the planning phase
- Adhere to agreed upon standards for code, as set and determined by the Lead Systems Engineer.
- Generate and maintain effective and efficient high quality code.
- Use effective and efficient components & techniques to implement solutions.
- Ensure all work is versioned and backed up according to company standards.
- Take ownership for work, tasks and communication
Testing and Implementation 20%
- Ensure that all work is tested, benchmarked and fulfills functional requirements before submission.
- Prepare test environment, examples and instructions.
- Participate enthusiastically in peer code reviews.
- Deploy changes to live environment.
- Maintain system and product change logs and release notes according to company standards.
- Reporting and Communication 15%
- Keep project documentation up to date and standard.
- Provide timeous, efficient and effective feedback on project status.
- Proactively keep stakeholders updated on progress, risks and problems.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Provide insight and feedback on queries regarding relevant projects.