General Employment - Other General Employment
- Responsible for planning, administration and coordination of all Board activities and functions in the governance of the organization.
- Assist the board in carrying out its governance and compliance functions by, among other things ensuring that board members, collectively or individually, are provided with guidance as to their duties, responsibilities, and powers.
- Board performance management
- Ensure that the board receives sound advice on legal and governance matters as well as board functions and roles.
- Advice the Board on its responsibilities with regards to the shareholder’s compact.
- Coordination and monitoring of the Board budget.
- Facilitate the approvals required from board committees and reporting thereon to the relevant owner of the matter.
- Ensure accurate reporting in corporate documents as far as the information relates to the board.
- Ensure effective communication and engagement between the board and its stakeholders.
- Making meeting arrangements and related notifications.
- Minute taking and processing, including accurate recording and timely distribution of the minutes.
- Timely processing of board action lists with management and soliciting responses thereto.
- Records and information management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a legal field/CIS qualification.
- Professional registration with Chartered Institute of Secretaries
- Exceptional secretarial and administration skills
- Good knowledge of corporate governance and compliance prescripts and relevant legislation including public sector legislation.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Board or Secretarial role within a state entity.
- Knowledge of MS projects and Visio project management software
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write minutes using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to communicate controversial or complex topics effectively and persuasively to top management, public groups, and Board of directors.
- High level of numeracy and ability to compile budgets.
- Strong ability of record keeping and documentation.