A company situated in Pretoria East is seeking to employ an experienced and innovative iOS Developer
with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to become part of their dynamic team.
Develop and maintain our innovative hearing health platforms on the iOS platform, ensuring code is
generated that is to specification, neat, accurate and scalable. Work will mainly focus on maintaining
and upgrading our hearing aid solutions platform (Lexie Hearing), as well as providing guidance from
an iOS best practice perspective for products in the rest of the company. Work will also include mentoring other iOS developers.
Minimum education (essential):
• National Senior Certificate
Minimum education (desirable):
• Diploma and/or degree in relevant field
Minimum applicable experience (years):
• Minimum 5 years
Required nature of experience:
• Experience in native iOS (SWIFT) development specifically.
Skills and Knowledge (essential):
• Strong knowledge of iOS development and its supporting systems.
• Proficient in SWIFT (Minimum 3 years experience)
• Good development practices utilising modern design patterns.
• A good understanding of storage mechanisms, threading, lifecycles.
• Knowledge of common 3rd party frameworks available and integration experience.
• Strong UI development experience and developing for dynamic screen support.
• Experience with RESTful API integration.
• Well versed in Git.
• Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle within an Agile environment.
• Basic knowledge of Objective-C.
• Atlassian JIRA software experience is beneficial.
• Good understanding of RxSwift would be advantageous.
• Good understanding of Bluetooth on iOS would be advantageous.Other:
• Being able to cope with stressful and dynamic (post-startup) environments.
• Team player mentality with a strong focus on taking personal ownership.
• Willingness to learn and contribute to the professional growth of fellow developers.
• Strong attention to detail and eagerness to take ownership of development challenges.
• Examining Information
• Developing Expertise
• Adopting Practical Approaches
• Providing Insights
• Thinking Positively
• Inviting Feedback
• Upholding Standards
• Taking Action
• Interpreting Data
• Generating Ideas
• Exploring Possibilities
• Convincing People
• Articulating Information
• Embracing Change
• Valuing Individuals
• Showing Composure
• Meeting Timescales
• Checking Things
• Following Procedures
• Pursuing Goals
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS, WEIGHTS & OBJECTIVES
Application planning and development 40%
• Be involved in the planning, design and development of first-to-market hearing aid iOS applications.
• Take personal ownership for projects as well as contributing to platform based products.
• Work from wireframes, iOS applications or specification documents to develop high quality iOS applications.
• Experience in development architectures such as MVVM.
• Work alongside fellow mobile developers to help maintain the current hearX application suite.
• Follow best practice design and development methodologies in sustaining a high quality, clean, auditable and manageable system.
• Attend meetings alongside the project lead with stakeholders for requirement analysis and feedback purposes.
• Institute analytics into applications and report on app usability to project lead.
• Monitor app usability and crash logs and ensure bug fixes are deployed as soon as possible.
• Conduct initial testing before deployment to staging, ensuring that app is developed to
specification and requirement.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development
• Assist software testing analysts in the development of testing plans and environments.
Contribution to team 20%
• Communicate effectively with the team lead.
• Communicate effectively with team members and internal stakeholders.
• Contribute to the development of fellow team members.
• Contribute innovative ideas to project and application plans and roll outs.
Project planning and capacity management 20%
• Estimate accurate completion timelines for projects for use by the project lead in capacity
• Provide input into the requirements documentation and assist in work breakdown to draft a
proper timeline to plan the schedule and what is required,
• Manage time and tasks effectively in order to complete tasks in the correct order of priority,
• Manage time and tasks effectively in order to complete tasks on time,
• Liaise effectively with other team members and backend engineers to ensure timeous
completion of integration and the coming together of mobile applications and the required
back end system,
• Track tasks and timing on JIRA
Quality Management and Compliance 20%
• Ensure compliance with QMS frameworks for CE certification.
• Ensure products are developed accurately (i.e. according to spec).
• Ensure products are developed efficiently (i.e. according to best practice and on time).
• Ensure testing is completed according to specifications.
• Manage release schedule and release notes for iOS applications in collaboration with team
Market related (Includes a 13th cheque + a risk benefit and pension fund contribution
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link